Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

To cover or not to cover...

zanethan

So due to me working a mile from my job I've decided to start biking to work. Unfortunately, our house doesn't have a garage and this means my beloved FiST sits a lot now and only really gets driven on weekends. Our house gets some very brutal sun exposure and while no damage has been done yet I fear that in the long run the paint will suffer permanent damage. My question is would you guys recommend covering my car with a high quality outdoor cover. I'm currently considering the Coverking stormproof cover. It's very light weight but very protective according to the stats. If you are against covering then I'd be very curious as to the best wax and protectants recommended for prolonged direct sunlight exposure (8+ hours in the summer).

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
That's a tough one. I would also consider this in this situation but the problem with a cover for me is that you can't put it on the car unless it's really clean without scratching it. I'm pretty OCD about car care, so if I was going to cover it regularly I'd probably at least quick detail it before I covered it, which could be a pain if done on a regular basis.
What I'd probably do in your situation is use this sunshade-
https://www.google.com/search?gs_ivs=1&q=windshield+sunshade+Fiesta+ST+forum
along with 303 Aerospace Protectant for the vinyl and trim, and Leatherique for the leather part of the seats if you have the Recaros. Both products have some UV protection. I might also get some of those side window covers for the sun side.

koozy

3000 Post Club
My car spends a lot of time parked out in the elements, I highly recommend Noah made by Covercraft. If you want light weight their Weathershield HP is excellent, but Noah gets my vote. I've use both for my FiST.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
if it only gets driven on weekends, i would cover it, whether a carport or an actual fabric car cover

OP
zanethan

zanethan

Thread Starter #5
Thanks for the replies. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a cover. Got a really good deal on the Coverking that I couldn't pass up. If it doesn't work out I'll pick up the Noah cover. I wish I could put in a carport but our HOA won't allow them.

Good move. Car covers are a good thing. I also have a '91 Miata that I have had since new, always covered. It keeps things out of direct sunlight and does make a difference after time. This car is parked on the side of the house with a car cover and under a conduit framed tent/tarp/carport fixture. The garage is used for the wife's CX-5 and the Fiesta.

Jason B

You should definitely buy car covers. Not only it will give protection to your vehicle's exterior paint from sunlight, but it will also protect from dirt, rust etc. And for my car, I don't use car wax. I use products of TopCoat F11. Not only does Topcoat F11 give a great shining look to my car, but also gives protection from minor scratches, swirl marks, harmful effects from bird droppings, bug splatter, acid rain, etc.