Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1214151617181920212223 LastLast
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by Perfblue15 View Post
    Why not make It public ? It would be nice to see how your taking care of those affected by this.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
    Seems like it's really only pertinent to those that actually own the turbo (most or all of whom would be in the chat), but I agree.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi guys, i'm from the UK. Is there an update on this issue for people who are not in the "chat"? As a person who has recently ordered this turbo kit, i am concerned with regards to the reliability of the product...

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NS2727 View Post
    Hi guys, i'm from the UK. Is there an update on this issue for people who are not in the "chat"? As a person who has recently ordered this turbo kit, i am concerned with regards to the reliability of the product...
    Cancel your order
    **Ask me about purchasing an Automatic Traction Control Off or Sport Mode On Module (Plug and Play)
    https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/...Plug-and-Play)

2016 Ford Fiesta ST - White Platinum / Recaros
    - Garrett GTX2860R Gen II Turbo, AET VUDU Ported Exhaust Manifold (41mm), Ported Turbo V-Band Adapter (41mm), Whoosh 3" Catted Downpipe, CP-E FMIC, Velossa Tech Big Mouth Snorkel, CP-E Intake, CP-E Cold Side Charge Pipe w/ Turbosmart BPV, and Cobb AccessPort (Stratified E30 & 93 Custom Tune
    - CP-E RMM, SkidPlateGuy Front Skid, NoPistons Evap Skid, Pierce Motorsports Midship Brace
    - 185/65R15 Maxsport RB3 Gravel Tires for Rally-X
    - 205/50R16 BFG Sport Comp 2 A/S for Daily Driving
    - 175/65R15 Michelin X-ICE XI3 for Winter

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    VA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cancel your order and hope they haven't shipped so you can get your money back. I bought from another dealer, so this isn't a comment on how Ron is handling things. I've seen enough to say Revo should be avoided.

Member 45 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Both the guys who have commented, along with myself own this turbo. Cancel it. Stay far away from Revo.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    United Kingdom
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Id also like to be in "the chat" I have only found all this today as no one uk side is making a big deal of any RT330 issues, I am litterally waiting on a tuner to let me know when I can get this fitted,

Id be running the Revo flash so initially thought I would be unlikely to see the issue, but the track and SA video is a little worrying, conviniently I live in the same town as Revo HQ and the car used in the lauch video is a guy in my local ford club, might stop by and speak to them,

New Member 6 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Every great company has had some kind of recall at some point - it's how they acknowledged and handled it that made them or broke them. This kind of thing is a turning point for companies like Revo, who can do really well in the US market. It'll either scare people off for good or reassure them that this company takes risk away by standing behind their products.

I feel for Ron, he's just a middle man, don't blame him. Sounds like he's trying to do his part.

I've been paying attention to this because I liked the concept of the Revo kit and was considering it. Sounds like it's a beta level product that shouldn't have been released. However, the final revision will probably be really, really nice. Glad I wasn't one of the "beta testers" but I won't rule out a 2nd revision of this kit, depending on how Revo handles this. I think this can turn into a good thing if they exchange everyone's turbo for a revised unit. A core charge would be fine if they need some funds to help soak up the hit on their end in the meantime. Eventually they'd come out right side up after 2nd revision kits get some good press and testing and then sell like hotcakes.

Basically i'd love to see two things:

-exchange for revised turbo (not entire kit or refund necessarily) so people are taken care of

-2nd revision kit that works as good as OEM so I can buy one...
    2017 Magnetic ST daily | E36 BMW M3 non-daily. Many mods, rarely driven.
    Cobb tuned: OTS Stage 1 (for now)
    LED headlights, fogs and interior.

Incoming: IC and catback, as time allows.
    Debating: Hybrid turbo, DP - I swore I wouldn't mess with it that much.....

Senior Member 1164 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FiestaAlex View Post
    Every great company has had some kind of recall at some point - it's how they acknowledged and handled it that made them or broke them. This kind of thing is a turning point for companies like Revo, who can do really well in the US market. It'll either scare people off for good or reassure them that this company takes risk away by standing behind their products.

I feel for Ron, he's just a middle man, don't blame him. Sounds like he's trying to do his part.

I've been paying attention to this because I liked the concept of the Revo kit and was considering it. Sounds like it's a beta level product that shouldn't have been released. However, the final revision will probably be really, really nice. Glad I wasn't one of the "beta testers" but I won't rule out a 2nd revision of this kit, depending on how Revo handles this. I think this can turn into a good thing if they exchange everyone's turbo for a revised unit. A core charge would be fine if they need some funds to help soak up the hit on their end in the meantime. Eventually they'd come out right side up after 2nd revision kits get some good press and testing and then sell like hotcakes.

-exchange for revised turbo (not entire kit or refund necessarily) so people are taken care of

Well you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

Vendor Premier Vendor 1614 Rep Points ron@whoosh's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    NV
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    133 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by FiestaAlex View Post

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonFiST View Post
    Well you can wish in one hand and shit in the other and see which one fills up first...

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
    this thread is over guys plain and simple
    my customers won't be posting here anymore because they have been taken care of, that's all you'll have as an explanation
    if you spent the money with my company you'd know how I do things and what has happened. If you recall, it's what I had said would happen from the start.

The sad truth is this thread gets more attention than most on the forum from folks that would rather see things burn than actually be rectified...I know this as I own a few forums and have been the admin for many years. Nothing new, no surprise.

If anyone has a revo kit that was purchased elsewhere (anywhere in the world) other than my store, please do not message me. I can not help you, you will have to handle your inquiries through your dealer or installer.

whoosh motorsports
    Performance Parts and Accessories: Fiesta ST . Focus ST/RS . Mustang ecoboost
    Ron Miller, Owner
    610-334-2158

http://whooshmotorsports.com

Senior Member 291 Rep Points

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    WI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    well said.

Page 22 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1214151617181920212223 LastLast