Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

A/C turning on by itself?

Has anyone experienced issues with their automatic climate control turning itself on?
My FiST ('15) kept turning the a/c on full blast continuously this past Saturday, even after turning it off it would come back on seconds later. I had to turn it off at least 10 times during a 15 minute drive.
Anyone else experienced this behavior before? I did a search but could not find anything specific.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you have the temperature turned down?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well, then, I got nothing.

This happened to me a few times during the colder months. I thought I was going to have to take the car in for warranty work but it went away. Ironically, right after it stopped randomly turning on by itself my blend actuator failed. I’ve searched the forums and I’ve only ever found one thread where this happened and the person had to go to the dealer and they replaced the entire aircon controls panel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zormecteon

IF you have the temperature set to AUTO this happens. If you don't want it to turn on the AC, spin the fan speed control a click. This will turn OFF the automatiic temperature control system. and the AC should not then turn itself on.

what you guys are not asking him and what he's not willing to volunteer is, DOES HE HAVE a Cobb accessport or any other custom engine management system. I have Cobb AP with stratified tune and it's the stratified that sends all kinds of electronic gremlins like ac going on randomly, door open beeping even when you don't have the key with you and other beeps idk what it means but I remove stratified tune and they go away. Stratified denies it, but I mean, that's what they do.

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
Hi bumping an old thread...this just started happening to me. HVAC completely off, turns itself on. I turn it off, it will turn on again after 5 seconds up to a few mins. What's the deal with this?