Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Portability of 2016 Tune to a 2017

Hey All--

Hopefully y'all will have a good idea of what should or shouldn't be done in this situation. I purchased everything off of a buddies 2016 FiST. Mountune fmic, Mountune cai, Mountune air filter, really just got all of his aftermarket stuff. I also purchased his Cobb AP which has a Mountune Tune on it. The equipment that he attached to the e-tune was just a plug in of the above equipment. He never had any datalogging revisions done to the tune.

BIG QUESTION

Can I run the Mountune tune that was originally for the 2016 on my 2017?

Has anyone done this before?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
My MP215 thought my '17 was a '16. I called mountune and Randy said the tune was the same for all model years. I installed it and had no problems.

The '17 is the same engine as the '16. I'm sure it will work fine.

OP
triplegriff
Thread Starter #3
My MP215 thought my '17 was a '16. I called mountune and Randy said the tune was the same for all model years. I installed it and had no problems.

The '17 is the same engine as the '16. I'm sure it will work fine.

This is exactly what I was hoping someone would say. [thumb]

I called Mountune and the guy that answered(not Randy) said he wouldn't recommend, but I think I might have ended up in sales and I know at the end of the day they have to do their job and sell stuff.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
This is the exact opposite of what Randy told me. I have a 2017 and when I first got it and ordered the stage one package from them with the accessport, I selected the option for a 2016. I didn't think it was a big deal. Whenever Randy started doing revisions for me he was very surprised to hear that my car was a 2017. He said that his Tunes are only designed to work for a certain model year and the ECU can tell the difference. According to him, he thought maybe my car was simply a late 2016 production model that was sold as a 2017. Regardless, this mixed information is one of the reasons why I don't recommend mountune for tuning.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

This is the exact opposite of what Randy told me. I have a 2017 and when I first got it and ordered the stage one package from them with the accessport, I selected the option for a 2016. I didn't think it was a big deal. Whenever Randy started doing revisions for me he was very surprised to hear that my car was a 2017. He said that his Tunes are only designed to work for a certain model year and the ECU can tell the difference. According to him, he thought maybe my car was simply a late 2016 production model that was sold as a 2017. Regardless, this mixed information is one of the reasons why I don't recommend mountune for tuning.

Plus 1- this happened to me as well and was xounted towards my 45 days of tuning with Randy. We ultimately will not finish due to various reasons (boost leaks, blowing off couplers, WG settings, etc.). I am going ro finish up my last few days with Randy and go towards Dizzy for the final revisions. Mountune makes great products but I have had a hell of a time with customer service.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I will agree with that. Their product quality (hardware only, not the tunes) is great but their customer service is terrible.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account

Randy also told me that perhaps my ECU was from a '16. Build date 7/17, so I doubt that. Either way, I flashed it and it runs great and has never had a problem. The only thing I needed to do after the flash was readjust the radio.

My suspicion is that I got an old handset that was made before '17s came out. Oh, well. No harm, no foul.

OP
triplegriff
Thread Starter #8
Hey everyone-

Thanks so much for the info, I think I will definitely steer away from using the tune then.

Plus 1- this happened to me as well and was xounted towards my 45 days of tuning with Randy. We ultimately will not finish due to various reasons (boost leaks, blowing off couplers, WG settings, etc.). I am going ro finish up my last few days with Randy and go towards Dizzy for the final revisions. Mountune makes great products but I have had a hell of a time with customer service.
So the AP also had a Dizzy tune on it and I spoke with him and he said it would crossover just fine, and worked out a way to do some revisions. So yea, I am going to end up doing Dizzy too.