Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safe aftermarket LED headlight bulb info, finds and discussion

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #561
I totally agree, I guess legality was a poor choice of wording since they don't have DOT approval. The place I go to is pretty strict when it comes to checking things, so I figured they would fail me knowing that they were LED but I guess as long as it meets the cutoff restrictions most places don't care too much.
Exactly, as long as the glare isn't excessive, that's what matters. DOT doesn't approve lights themselves, they just publish the regulations for makers to meet themselves. Although the TechMax do add a little glare above the cutoff it's certainly within reasonable limits and even if not exactly DOT regulation, it's within reasonable real world limits for sure.

And heck yeah, regular HID's have a far different filament point, they will glare like crazy in reflectors while most LED's at least place the chips at the same length as a halogen filament these days, which along with our factory glare caps makes most modern LED's completely acceptable. Only a few LED sets that are WAY too bright we see issues on, like the DeAuto I tried that show such crazy amounts of kaleidoscope effect and glare from being too bright. But yeah, there is ONE HID set actually designed for reflector housings, also from DeAuto, and even with the filament at the right length, they are also a bit too bright but still actually work better in our housings than their LED's surprisingly. There is a thread buried someone on here from someone who used these and the are decent but just not worth it when the TechMax and some others work even better for less.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #562
Down to $3.09 and still Prime, dang that's cheap! Makes for a cheap and easy way to upgrade high beams for sure, only $30 total for the Aukee H1 bulbs and these holders is easily the best way to go for high beams.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #563
Prime Day deal! - Hikari Ultra H11 (For reflector low beams) - $51.99 regular $89.99 with coupon- Good until 7:50pm Pacific, 10:50 Eastern. Unfortunately no other deals on known good output bulbs for reflectors, and in fact the regular 10% with coupon deal for the Nineo Gen 2 for $45 are actually brighter, but these Hikari are one of the ONLY PERFECT beam pattern LED's available so these are a good deal for those that insist on PERFECT vs. NEAR perfect beam pattern.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #570
I have Prime lol and it say coupon claimed and it was using your link!
Sorry man, I just link as a courtesy, maybe you have to remove from cart, then search for "Hikari Ultra H11" and add it back with coupon... but yeah dude, that's WEIRD!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
nope that $51.99 deal is gone vanished I am betting it was a lightening deal and you did not realize it. Those lightening deals last anywhere from an hour to half hour or less some times.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #572
nope that $51.99 deal is gone vanished I am betting it was a lightening deal and you did not realize it. Those lightening deals last anywhere from an hour to half hour or less some times.
Nope, only 22% claimed, $20 off $71.99 still being offered... like I said man, very weird!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
This is freshly refreshed as of 6:18pm Pacific:

View attachment 21868
You are getting that $71.99 price before the couponI am not. My price before the coupon was$89.99 its going by region and your in the Northwest and I am in the Southwest. Welcome to Amazons BS games just like Costco
Lol and its 69.99 for me.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #576
And did some wizardry and got it! $51.99 the link you provided was the wrong link I had to find the correct one on Amazons page.
See? Didn't I tell you early on try to delete from cart and search manually? But sweet! Glad you got it man! :)

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #578
Ya you think your link would have worked lol
Well shit, at least you finally got it, that's what matters, but next time I'll be sure to use a clean link with the referral crap and every thing removed and not be lazy as that obviously matters! LOL

Flaco

2000 Post Club
Down to $3.09 and still Prime, dang that's cheap! Makes for a cheap and easy way to upgrade high beams for sure, only $30 total for the Aukee H1 bulbs and these holders is easily the best way to go for high beams.
Just received these Aukee H1 and the holders. I have them in it took about an hour. The holders were a pain with my big hands. I'll see in the morning how theses throw the light down the road. $ 30.63 with holders.

So I tried fitting the Katana's and they are definitely too long/wide. Anything I could possible be doing wrong (I hope).