Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safe aftermarket LED headlight bulb info, finds and discussion

I see what you mean, I guess I've been looking at them and trying them for a few years now so I just many, many differences in the style and types of chips, etc between them that I don't see any standard at all...

As far as those Beamtech, I wouldn't settle for only 49% of stock brightness, that's why I ordered the DWVO non-Philips for only $16.49 plus 15% off from eBay, I'll be reporting back once I get them... I do see how they may be a little too bright and create some glare, so I'll re-aim a little if I have to. Re-aiming is fine when the whole cut-off is raised from overpowering, I just have to hope the glare is not excessive.
"As far as those Beamtech, I wouldn't settle for only 49% of stock brightness"

The Peak Low Beam Lux column is actually % amount over stock halogen. In the Beamtech case it would be 49% brighter than a stock halogen.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #22
"As far as those Beamtech, I wouldn't settle for only 49% of stock brightness"

The Peak Low Beam Lux column is actually % amount over stock halogen. In the Beamtech case it would be 49% brighter than a stock halogen.
Amount OVER, I missed that part, oops! :)

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #24
Would the beamtechs even fit? That oval bell bottom heatsink looks kinda big.
Seriously, I know that there isn't much clearance at all from the sides of the rear cover placement spot, my oEdRo's barely fit and had another set that didn't either... That's a major problem with all these tons of different sets is many don't even list their dimensions... Let's say my oEdRo's at 1.26" is the absolute widest heat sink width you can go with, so I wouldn't trust these AuxBeams to fit at all. Even though the widest part would be aligned vertically after twisted into place I doubt they will be able to go in wide to start with, happened with a set I had already when I got my FiST.

Last edited:

KKaWing

Oh if you do get dimensions, from the plastic seal to the bottom of the heatsink, you have 43mm max. From the back of the socket, or basically where the connector is / the back of the seal, it is 30mm max. The diameter must be no bigger than 30mm.

Results:

This guy here, I had difficulty pushing the passenger side in due the extra "length" at the bottom. The socket requires the part that sticks further out to butt against the narrower side of the opening. You can force it in, barely via the little play you get with plastic and kinda just slip/pop it in.

I am most likely going to play with this set next. It uses much narrower LED chips, and doesn't boast stupid lumen ratings... but the dimensions and active cooling caught my eye.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #26
Placed the order right before the 10pm cutoff Weds night for 15% off and the DWVO non-Philips has already arrived... Review and comparison to oEdRo coming soon... They are also Bi-color, they will come on as white but flick the headlight off and back on and they will turn yellow... now I like to use auto headlights and sometimes at dusk/dawn, going in then out and back into tunnels for these situations I hope they don't flip to yellow when I don't want them to as low beams, very likely I will put them in the fog lights if I notice this...

But for anyone that just wants some damn good LED's without paying $150, can't go wrong with the Hikari Ultra (Philips)... $90 on Amazon, over $100 on eBay, there was a flash sale on them for $72 a couple of nights ago, they are the #1 rated LED under $100 when in fact they are pretty much $110 everywhere but Amazon... There is the non-Ultra Hikari (Cree) that are pretty poorly rated, they are the one with the removable circular tip that I believe is to be left on for reflector and removed for projector lens. The one you want (Ultra/Philips) has no round removable tip at all. BulbFacts shows a perfect no-glare cutoff on whatever their test vehicle is and look nice and small for easy fit...

Anyway, definitely curious how a $16 LED looks after BulbFacts shows them the whitest and one of the brightest option you can get, let's hope the glare isn't out of control!

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #27
Oh if you do get dimensions, from the plastic seal to the bottom of the heatsink, you have 43mm max. From the back of the socket, or basically where the connector is / the back of the seal, it is 30mm max. The diameter must be no bigger than 30mm.

Results:

This guy here, I had difficulty pushing the passenger side in due the extra "length" at the bottom. The socket requires the part that sticks further out to butt against the narrower side of the opening. You can force it in, barely via the little play you get with plastic and kinda just slip/pop it in.

I am most likely going to play with this set next. It uses much narrower LED chips, and doesn't boast stupid lumen ratings... but the dimensions and active cooling caught my eye.
As an American but born to a Canadian citizen, luckily I got pushed to at least be familiar with metric sizes. So, I am bi-standard and can translate directly, thanks for the measurements! :)

And do you have a link to that pink set?

FYI, Since my oEdRo are 32.07mm/1.26" wide and barely fit, one will have to go with 32mm/1.25" as the absolute widest fan base width. To narrow the searchdown, one can "eye-ball" and look for ones that are not wider than the metal base the rubber gasket rests against and from there confirming the actual max width.

Last edited:

KKaWing

As an American but born to a Canadian citizen, luckily I got pushed to at least be familiar with metric sizes. So, I am bi-standard and can translate directly, thanks for the measurements! :)

And do you have a link to that pink set?

FYI, Since my oEdRo are about 36mm wide and barely fit, I think 36mm is the MAX width, but 35mm or less would be ideal for clearance...
Here it is! Millimeter kinda makes sense here as it is just that tight :p

Edit: Yeah I can see it being able to take slightly wider dimensions but would heavily depend on the shape. I've see oval, rectangular, snowflake... and even just lopsided ones. The pink things are the best fitting ones I've tried by far.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Here it is! Millimeter kinda makes sense here as it is just that tight [emoji14]

Edit: Yeah I can see it being able to take slightly wider dimensions but would heavily depend on the shape. I've see oval, rectangular, snowflake... and even just lopsided ones. The pink things are the best fitting ones I've tried by far.
How do they look?

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

cxwrench

I’ve always felt like properly adjusted lights would provide visibility. I have my cheap LEDs, but in extreme low visibility circumstances, high beams would suffice, and I’d rather have the yellow contrast thrown in. Would love to see pics

If anyone has pics of h1 (high beam) 2500k LED, please send me a link!
In my parking area, low beams. Silverstars.

And the highbeams, Nokya yellow.

Low beams.

And the high beams.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #36
That's with stock Halogen style housings? If so...that is also very very good cutoff!
Yeah, that's awesome cutoff for reflector housing... of course halogens come with projector lenses sometimes too, so either one can be considered "halogen style housings", the most important thing is a well designed LED and those MAXGTRS pink ones have the wide tip to scatter the light just right, very impressive!

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #38
Great post Danbfree! Awesome to see you back on here. Hope the summer camp for you son went well!
Thanks man! Good to see you over here in my lighting thread and thanks for the tip on the Sync 3 update! My son got to go to the zoo and the science museum but now tomorrow I have to drive 8 hours down to Sacramento to drop him off for another leg with the FIL to make the rest of the way to SoCal to see his mom... so 8 hours driving tomorrow and 8 more back the next day all to be back for work Monday, YAY (NOT)! LOL

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #39
So I started this thread talking about how I have the oEdRo 4 sided for my low beams now but I had found a killer deal on DWVO that is rated 4 out of 25 under $100 sets on Amazon/eBay rated on Bulbfacts.com... They are listed as $39.99 on Amazon but found them for $16.49 on eBay and it was 15% off day so I picked them up to try out... Well, I failed to mention they are quad mode: Turn on once, white. Off then back on, yellow for fog, 3rd time white and yellow and 4th flashing for emergencies... So I'm going to put them in as fog lights then just use the in/out fog light switch to change them as I need to... Well, last minute major road trip has come up this weekend and I'll need to find a YouTube vid just to make sure I get to the fog bulbs properly so I will do them this coming week after work sometime. You guys have a great weekend and I'll try to check in as I can, biggest road trip to date having my FiST for 6 months!

Thanks man! Good to see you over here in my lighting thread and thanks for the tip on the Sync 3 update! My son got to go to the zoo and the science museum but now tomorrow I have to drive 8 hours down to Sacramento to drop him off for another leg with the FIL to make the rest of the way to SoCal to see his mom... so 8 hours driving tomorrow and 8 more back the next day all to be back for work Monday, YAY (NOT)! LOL
Eesh that’s rough ! But anytime spent in the fist is a fun time. Glad he got some time at the zoo and museum and various other things it seems !

Side note- figured out my update...apparently it couldn’t be done via usb or WiFi. The dealer had to do it. When i got it back they tried charging me $75 so i questioned it and they got all flustered and worried. Got it for free right after. Thanks for all the help trying to get me to update it !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk