Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safe aftermarket LED headlight bulb info, finds and discussion

Bdwolf

Hi,
I recently bought a ford fiestaST and upgraded the low beams to led. Is there a good fit that anyone has found for the h1 bulbs?

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Oh, are you talking about LED high beams? That, I don't know.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I intentionally left my high-beams as the stock halogen in case I run into a snow storm that is bad enough to begin covering the headlamps. The higher heat output would hopefully be enough to reduce accumulation.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
View attachment 37547
Techmax gen 2 installed. Massive improvement over OEM.
I was just reccomended the techmax. Appatsntly they have a fanless model im wanting to try here. Just fitted the headlamp that intuit kindly sold to me. Also put my auxbeam headlamps back in, and peeled off the burnt up foglamp gels and gained a lot of light output. That said, switching to led for low and fogs is next on the list. As im sure the outdated auxbeams can be easily improved.

I was just reccomended the techmax. Appatsntly they have a fanless model im wanting to try here. Just fitted the headlamp that intuit kindly sold to me. Also put my auxbeam headlamps back in, and peeled off the burnt up foglamp gels and gained a lot of light output. That said, switching to led for low and fogs is next on the list. As im sure the outdated auxbeams can be easily improved.
These had tiny fans on the back. I used aftermarket dust boots to vent.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Never used the boots ...just used the OEM covers. No issues through multiple sets of LED lights i used and tried out. NONE ever burnt out. Food for thought*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Top Dog in the budget category on BulbFacts seems to be the Cougar Flagship. It seems to have a bunch more lumens than most of the bulbs I see listed here, but the low bean lumens are on par with the well liked Hikari Ultra. The have a color temp I prefer, but I'm nervous about them being "too bright" based on the lumen value. Might they be trustworthy based on their beam quality, score on BulbFacts, and otherwise general popularity?

Anyone try this?
https://www.amazon.com/Cougar-Motor-H11-H8-H9/dp/B07V79ZFWN/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

--Matt

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Top Dog in the budget category on BulbFacts seems to be the Cougar Flagship. It seems to have a bunch more lumens than most of the bulbs I see listed here, but the low bean lumens are on par with the well liked Hikari Ultra. The have a color temp I prefer, but I'm nervous about them being "too bright" based on the lumen value. Might they be trustworthy based on their beam quality, score on BulbFacts, and otherwise general popularity?

Anyone try this?
https://www.amazon.com/Cougar-Motor-H11-H8-H9/dp/B07V79ZFWN/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

--Matt
TechMax *

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Business6

I repurchased the gen 1 techmax after one started to flicker after three years. I wanted to try out the gen 2 but couldn't confirm fitment. Maybe I'll pick the new ones up and see if there's any noticeable difference.