Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safe aftermarket LED headlight bulb info, finds and discussion

If I recall, my Gen 1s are orientated per your picture (where they're pointing up). That was the only way for me to get them to easily lock into place with the LEDs correctly aligned.

Ahh sorry for the confusion, I mean the design notch where the LED sits, should the v looking be facing up or down or does it matter? Thx guys!
The bulbs have been designed in such a way that if it clicks and locks then that is the direction of where the bulb position should be. So just take it as default and you'll be fine.

The bulbs have been designed in such a way that if it clicks and locks then that is the direction of where the bulb position should be. So just take it as default and you'll be fine.
Thanks so much! First time dealing with LEDs, I'm older school, been fortunate to have cara with halogen projectors that played nicely with xenon kits and everything worked outta the box. I appreciate all the work everyone kn the board has done and shared. Cheers!

Picked up a set of Euro Projectors, have Cougar Motor X-Small in the low beams. I'm a newbie in the headlight department and LEDS, does this pattern seem acceptable? It's from about 25 feet out but I believe I might need the right side to come down, and the left side looks a bit off? Any insight would be great!
View attachment 20210403_202918.jpg

Consensus on what the best low beam LED’s are for stock headlights? I’m ready to order a set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Consensus on what the best low beam LED’s are for stock headlights? I’m ready to order a set.
These fit & work perfectly....align so the blade is vertical (there are only 3 possible rotations...vertical is the only one that works)...TECHMAX Mini H11 LED Bulbs.

1620626736291.png

tl;dr, just get the gen1 minis and be done with it.

at first i got the gen2 and after having some fun times with it i returned it and got the gen1 mini. gen1 mini swapped in like a glove. i couldn't get the gen2 in and didn't want to brute-force things.

(it's raining and not taking my car out today. so i don't have a sure way to measure how it lands like 25-30ft away. but doesn't look that bad compared to the original.)

Attachments

I regret getting the gen 2. Had to clearance the housings more than I liked! Should have gone gen 1.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Loving the Gen 1's so far. The amount of visibility at night gained is quite large. I am struggling with getting aftermarket caps on. First tried 75mm, too small (perhaps could stretch if I took off housing). Then grabbed some 85mm and they have like an inner ring which is interfering with fitment. Currently capless but would prefer a cover to keep dust out.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Loving the Gen 1's so far. The amount of visibility at night gained is quite large. I am struggling with getting aftermarket caps on. First tried 75mm, too small (perhaps could stretch if I took off housing). Then grabbed some 85mm and they have like an inner ring which is interfering with fitment. Currently capless but would prefer a cover to keep dust out.
My OEM dust caps worked perfect with Techmax Gen1s it just took some finesse that's all.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I'll have to give them another try.
My OEM caps did not fit completely...there is a small bit that touches the edge of the lamp fan housing (it sticks out about a 1/8 inch from perfectly seated). Just keep at it; they should fit. It helped me to take the lamp assembly completely off the car and put it on a table to be able to really get everything seated correctly. I love how bright they are! H1s coming soon!

Last edited: