Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safe aftermarket LED headlight bulb info, finds and discussion

Turns out, the LED is perfectly fine. It had simply popped-out of the socket. :)
Also interesting, I had chosen pretty much the same thing some years prior. What was the "Light Moses" then, is the knock-off version now. The current "Light Moses" listed has upgraded specs.
For the Fiesta or Focus? I have the OEM Euro projectors in my US 2017 Fiesta. The low beam requires H7s, and the high beam (reflectors) take H1s, while my stock US fog lights are H11s.

I bought Katana H7 LEDs in March 2019, 12000 LM 72W 6500K, and they were great except I would have preferred a 6000K because that would better match the color of the OEM LED DRLs. However, one of the Katanas just lost one of the chips, so I bought a pair of Touring Items TypeS H7s at a local Auto Zone to get a quick fix. This replacement is noticeably dimmer, and I’m wondering if I should get another pair of Katanas, or look for something newer and better.

My other dilemma is to find a 6000-6500K LED that will work well in the reflector high beam which requires an H1. I’ve never had much luck getting an LED to work with reflectors.

I did buy a set of that same brand H11s from Auto Zone for the fogs- they are projectors and I’m happy with the results.

Katana with the bad chip:

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Whoops, you're right, they are H7, not H11. :)
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RSFP4YF/
That's what I bought back in 2019. They're still work'n well. Fan is a little noisy but it's not like this is heard over a running car.

I left the OEM halogens in the high-beam slots, just in case I need the heat of the halogens to keep my lenses clear in a snow storm. I wouldn't worry about blinding folks with LEDs in the high-beam slots. Even halogens will do that. ;)

I'd just like to have the color in the high-beams close to the LEDs. I'm wondering if some newer technology LED H1s will work better than others I've tried on my other vehicle with reflectors.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I'd just like to have the color in the high-beams close to the LEDs. I'm wondering if some newer technology LED H1s will work better than others I've tried on my other vehicle with reflectors.
My initial look at high beam LED's led my lazy ass to skip it BUT I would look to see if techmaxx have an H1 available. I tend to prefer the units without the ballast or whatever that external box is called. May also want to measure the OEM caps diameter and see if you can get a deeper cap.

Is this the right link for the Gen 1 Techmax Minis?

EDIT: This link -->
TECHMAX Mini H11 H8 H9 LED Bulbs, 10000LM 60W 6500K Cool White Extremely Bright 30mm Heat Sink Base Conversion Kit Halogen Replacement https://a.co/d/1IwxEOo

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Is this the right link for the Gen 1 Techmax Minis?

EDIT: This link -->
TECHMAX Mini H11 H8 H9 LED Bulbs, 10000LM 60W 6500K Cool White Extremely Bright 30mm Heat Sink Base Conversion Kit Halogen Replacement https://a.co/d/1IwxEOo

Sent from my IN2025 using Tapatalk
Yeap*

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

TDavis

1000 Post Club
As I have currently sold my retrofit to make way for the new one. In the mean time I've put my stock lights back in and decided to give the Techmax Gen 1s a try.

Coming from the retrofit universe, I will say having one stock headlight in with the Techmax Gen 1 bulb and one of the retrofits in on the other side. The glare is damn near non-existent/very VERY minor. I'm impressed.

I will say that I really don't know how anyone got the stock dust cap to fit, yall gotta be bluffing. It literally hits the end of the fan on the bulb and can't close all the way so its pushed up on one spot. Either way I wouldn't think the fan would be able to cool efficiently with the cap pushed against it even if you got it to fit. Luckily I got the 85mm caps someone found on here and trimmed the inner lip.

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
How do you guys feel about color temperature?

I know yellowish headlights aren't trendy, but I find bright white uncomfortable on my eyes.

Anyone use the Osram H7 LED Night breakers? Unfortunately they are my only option as my plates will get taken away (+ 400€ fine) if I put in any non-homologated bulbs.

As I have currently sold my retrofit to make way for the new one. In the mean time I've put my stock lights back in and decided to give the Techmax Gen 1s a try.

Coming from the retrofit universe, I will say having one stock headlight in with the Techmax Gen 1 bulb and one of the retrofits in on the other side. The glare is damn near non-existent/very VERY minor. I'm impressed.

I will say that I really don't know how anyone got the stock dust cap to fit, yall gotta be bluffing. It literally hits the end of the fan on the bulb and can't close all the way so its pushed up on one spot. Either way I wouldn't think the fan would be able to cool efficiently with the cap pushed against it even if you got it to fit. Luckily I got the 85mm caps someone found on here and trimmed the inner lip.
So were there any issues with these are they kind of work out

Can't remember if I thrown my thoughts in here before but I've had no issues running the recommended Techmax H11 Mini's with the larger dust caps after trimming the inside to fit. Never getting flashed at, output is obviously so much better, color is good though I prefer pure white over something slightly blue. Mostly because the switchbacks I have installed have that perfect 5600K white look to them.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
For most vehicles High and Low beams use the same bulb, powered by same wattage. Only difference is the low beam housings block more of the light from the bulb or/and reflector. IIRC the interior lights do the same thing up front. Much of the bulb is actually behind the reflector.

Lim

Which LED bulbs are the best for EU with LED DRL headlights (low beam)? Because I just bought Techmax H7 according to the review danbfree and understood that it was recommended for US lamps, not for EU...

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Which LED bulbs are the best for EU with LED DRL headlights (low beam)? Because I just bought Techmax H7 according to the review danbfree and understood that it was recommended for US lamps, not for EU...
What I found putting led in both my focus and fiesta reflector housings. The techmaxx mini work well. I tried going cheaper on the focus and got like 30 dollar brand and needed resistors (focus housing may be more intelligent). Anyhow I wouldn't cheap out much under 50 as that should get you proper canbus. Now for the euros, I haven't installed them yet but I grabbed a set of techmax H7 like you did based off the fact I like their H11. LED tech has gotten very saturated and there are ALOT of decent sets out there. Also from what I've read even the Projectors can only manage so much light. I'd look at keeping the watts/lumens etc reasonable vs most potent specs. Based off my limited experience putting LEDs in a couple times.

As for color/temp match I can't speak to that yet. From the videos the drl seem on the warmer side 5300-6000k I would guess.

I've found auxito to have decent lights as well. Ordered 9005 and H8 for my Honda fogs and high beams

Last edited:

Lim

What I found putting led in both my focus and fiesta reflector housings. The techmaxx mini work well. I tried going cheaper on the focus and got like 30 dollar brand and needed resistors (focus housing may be more intelligent). Anyhow I wouldn't cheap out much under 50 as that should get you proper canbus. Now for the euros, I haven't installed them yet but I grabbed a set of techmax H7 like you did based off the fact I like their H11. LED tech has gotten very saturated and there are ALOT of decent sets out there. Also from what I've read even the Projectors can only manage so much light. I'd look at keeping the watts/lumens etc reasonable vs most potent specs. Based off my limited experience putting LEDs in a couple times.

As for color/temp match I can't speak to that yet. From the videos the drl seem on the warmer side 5300-6000k I would guess.

I've found auxito to have decent lights as well. Ordered 9005 and H8 for my Honda fogs and high beams
Heh, I've already canceled my order for techmax :) because I didn't find real feedback for H7 techmax, so I was able to choose between Cougar and Katana and the final decision was for Katana H7, to be honest, I wanted more Audew but don't find on the official website those lamps with H7 and find for a good price (29$) on eBay but scared that this fake or bad quality.