Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safe aftermarket LED headlight bulb info, finds and discussion

Decided to splurge after Christmas and upgrade some lighting. (Avoiding installing ethanol content kit)

Bulb facts gave the $130 Hikari future/ titanova 2023 a solid rating and I liked the brightness and beam pattern enough so I jumped on them. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CMXHNXHT?ref=ppx_pop_mob_ap_share

I went with a recommendation from another member $20.00 Alla lighting for the fogs. https://a.co/d/9PtoEJP

I just finished installing them all and it took me about an hour to fiddle with them.

Edit* added some night time shots of the beam, these are very bright headlamps and as you can see there is some slight scatter but not too bad IMO. Will have to follow my lady/ drive past her a few times to get some real life feedback.

Attachments

Last edited:

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Back in 2019, I gave up and went with the Euro housings. Much tighter control.

Before then, I was compensating by aiming the headlamps downward. (still do that with the fogs)

But the ultra clean and clear reflector housing is still a very dense and large concentration of light, even with the lower lumen output LEDs. Even when you "adequately" control the output, it still resembles looking at the sun. (obviously a gross exaggeration, but it communicates the point)

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had one of my headlights go out last week. I had a replacement techmax bulb ready to go. I ended up swapping to an aftermarket dust cover to make it fit.
IMG_1204.jpeg
IMG_1205.jpeg
IMG_1206.jpeg
How do you aim these headlights? Shops keep telling me that they can’t be adjusted but it seems like they should be. One of mine is pointing at the ground lol.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
If one is pointing at the ground, you didn't install it right. Try again.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If one is pointing at the ground, you didn't install it right. Try again.
The bulb or the housing itself? The side that’s pointing at the ground was the same side that I hit a deer with so that might have something to do with it

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I had one of my headlights go out last week. I had a replacement techmax bulb ready to go. I ended up swapping to an aftermarket dust cover to make it fit.
How do you aim these headlights? Shops keep telling me that they can’t be adjusted but it seems like they should be. One of mine is pointing at the ground lol.
As far as I'm aware, all lights have an adjustment.
US or EU housing? EU has a stepper motor for secondary, dynamic adjustments done by computer.

1707959061582.png
1707959103896.png
1707959119010.png