Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safe aftermarket LED headlight bulb info, finds and discussion

ROCKYFiestta

https://www.amazon.com/HIKARI-Headl...pID=51AT61fZxAL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

i will post a pic tomm of the opening if you like so you can see fitment.

ps anybody know where i can get those cool dust caps for these types of lights. i live in a dustbowl literally and so far no problems with the lights.

also i did not buy the additional antiflicker thingy canbus. no flickers at all just how they came from the box.

Business6

I got the HIKARI ONES ON AMAZON. SO FAR not one person has flashed me that i am blinding them. i am not on a level surface btw it is a uphill sloping driveway/rocks if can call it that lol. very pleased so far i have spotted several pronghorn and mule deer very easily with these lights.
Nice!

Can you show how their cutoff against a wall/garage door?

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #104
https://www.amazon.com/HIKARI-Headl...pID=51AT61fZxAL&preST=_SY300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

ps anybody know where i can get those cool dust caps for these types of lights. i live in a dustbowl literally and so far no problems with the lights.

also i did not buy the additional antiflicker thingy canbus. no flickers at all just how they came from the box.
Wow, I just don't see how it's possible to fit them if you need another dust cap, do they stick out so much that the skinny part is where the opening is? This is how tight my oEdRo's are at only 32mm wide and those Hikari have to be at least 35mm... those covers are everywhere all over Amazon, just not sure if our opening is 90mm or what... https://smile.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Housing-Headlight-Conversion-Retrofit/dp/B073QPHJZK

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Wow, I just don't see how it's possible to fit them if you need another dust cap, do they stick out so much that the skinny part is where the opening is? This is how tight my oEdRo's are at only 32mm wide and those Hikari have to be at least 35mm... those covers are everywhere all over Amazon, just not sure if our opening is 90mm or what... https://smile.amazon.com/Auxbeam-Housing-Headlight-Conversion-Retrofit/dp/B073QPHJZK

https://photos.app.goo.gl/WJvcZ5Xh2HUxP6d7A
I wanna say yes the opening is 90mm. I have seen the caps somewhere and our car was listed...but dont quote me there...it was for a fiesta not an st but why would Ford make the headlamps different on an economy car here in the states? It wouldn't make sense from a money saving standpoint

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #106
I wanna say yes the opening is 90mm. I have seen the caps somewhere and our car was listed...but dont quote me there...it was for a fiesta not an st but why would Ford make the headlamps different on an economy car here in the states? It wouldn't make sense from a money saving standpoint
That's why I included a link, just gotta order the right size and it's domed so you don't have to worry about sticking the bulb halfway through an opening or anything... It's just that LED is susceptible to dimming with heat, but they also only usually use 30-35w so there will be less heat than a halogen to begin with, should be OK... Anyway, I hope the opening is one of the sizes that is domed and not a universal one, maybe it's 85mm, info has to be somewhere out there...

Edit: Still trying to confirm size 100%, may have to measure later, but there are domed ones for just about any size for under $10 a pair.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #107
My lights from alixpress shipped...so no its just a game of waiting! I would have posted a picture of the Xenon depot LEDs but my car is completely apart awaiting its clamp for the Turbo to finish the install..so no lights in it currently. Soon though I will! [wrenchin] This is a just starting pic also...now shit is just everywhere!
Wow, quite a project man! Which bulbs did you end up going with? The ones with the "very light red" housing?

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #108

So does the fat part of the end simply stick out past the opening of sides like where I drew yellow lines? So you literally can just handle the fat end and screw them in and the skinny part provides clearance? NOW, I see where removing the headlights can help, they stick out so much that you need the extra clearance just to get them into place! Whoa, this all makes sense now! LOL

ROCKYFiestta

ok so the stock dust caps will fit i forgot just to put them on they where in my box they do not stick out as you can see in the picture. the website on amazon says they are adjustable but i did not do any adjustments. also i am on a steady downhill slope i do not have a level surface so if they seem a little down low it is because of that i did the best i could to find a somewhat level surface.

Attachments

ROCKYFiestta

hope this helps [thumb]

again i have had 0 people flash me and i installed them them at the start of the summer. no cops either have stopped be or asked me anything regarding the lights as well. I have hid kit installed on my pickup and i get flashed all day lol (the hid kit in my truck is not this kit -as this is a led kit). so i am pretty happy so far with them and i will be upgrading my truck with these because i know for sure i am blinding people with the hids.

redmoe

This is awesome. Could you confirm the dust cap fitment? I may have to order these up tonight!

ROCKYFiestta

ps i trust phillips bulbs all day i use their bulbs for my grow [giggle] and have yet to replace the bulbs 3 years later sorry kinda off topic there [like]

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #116
hope this helps [thumb]

again i have had 0 people flash me and i installed them them at the start of the summer. no cops either have stopped be or asked me anything regarding the lights as well. I have hid kit installed on my pickup and i get flashed all day lol (the hid kit in my truck is not this kit -as this is a led kit). so i am pretty happy so far with them and i will be upgrading my truck with these because i know for sure i am blinding people with the hids.
Don't even get me started on HID, you can't just put them in a truck reflector lens, two different animals, LOL! BUT there is this ONE that is specifically anti-glare for about $110 HERE... ONLY HID I would try in a reflector... Anyway, can't believe how short those are or how you got those Hikari in there, did you have to split off the whole back of the headlight or just remove the whole assembly loosely? Thanks for the followup!

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #117
ok so the stock dust caps will fit i forgot just to put them on they where in my box they do not stick out as you can see in the picture. the website on amazon says they are adjustable but i did not do any adjustments. also i am on a steady downhill slope i do not have a level surface so if they seem a little down low it is because of that i did the best i could to find a somewhat level surface.
Look at the difference between ours! Damn, the rear casings are completely different, what year is yours?

ROCKYFiestta

says canbus in the manual for the lights where i got the name i thought it was a mini ballast.
i have a 2014
i only pulled the corner of the headlight loose and they went in ez.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #120
says canbus in the manual for the lights where i got the name i thought it was a mini ballast.
i have a 2014
i only pulled the corner of the headlight loose and they went in ez.
Yeah, these Chinese companies mean to say it is Canbus compatible, silly Engrish! :)

And ballast is for HID, drivers are for LED, FYI, just to clarify...

Hmm, so it looks like the rear of the headlight housing must have changed, my '17 clearly doesn't have that much room, they aren't as deep to swallow up that wide fan base of the Hikari, you can see how tight the little 32mm base of my oEdRo's BARELY fit while your wide base Hikari's are easily fully inside the housing, dammit! LOL

Thanks for your feedback, glad to see those lights working out so well for you, I just wish I had the option to fit those too! :(