Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34363738394041424344
    Member 108 Rep Points Business6's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    UT
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I've had the Techmax in for 6 months or so and have yet to have a single person flash me which is funny because with the stock halogens that wasn't the case. I'm certain I aimed them too low but it's right in that spot where they're still fully functional but not high enough to be a problem. Given the intensity of LEDs I'd rather it be in this spot
    Stop using Photobucket to host your images!
    Now: 2014 Molten Orange
    Then: 04 Miata, 00 Miata, 91 Miata, etc etc

Senior Member 323 Rep Points danbfree's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Flaco View Post
    After driving with TechMax for several days now "scatter' was not the right word to use. There is a small shadow in the beam on the RH side about 10 feet or so in front of the car just at the whiteline. Have not have time to investigate what it is lens or... ? I'm happy with the beam width it lights the lane sides very well. The beam distance is of course better than the halogens and the Sealights. And after 4 days no one has flashed me
    I hear you, no matter what bulb we use in those housings, there is distortion involved with simply how the reflective mirrors are by nature, it's just that a weak halogen isn't likely to bright enough to bring that out. When it's from the bulbs being clearly too bright that the distortions are at very sharp angles, I call that the "kaleidoscope effect", but so far TechMax are the brightest ones with the least amount of distortion, still waiting to see how the Nineo look.
    '17 Magnetic - black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18.
    Tunes: Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available.
    Performance: Drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout, Whoosh crossover w/upgraded turbo inlet, silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, TurboSmart VR2 EM plumb back DV, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275.
    Mounts/bracing: Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Powerflex Street engine side mount inserts, TB Performance Traction Bar
    Interior: Mojo Mfg short shift plate, Savanini ball shift knob, leather padded arm rest cover.
    To Do: Intercooler, Eibach springs, tint. Really, not much else :)

Member 41 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anybody run this one or is running hid not led just for a comparison.
    its on sale and was wondering if anybody has pulled the trigger I was contemplating trying their led instead but wanted to see if there is a good difference between the two
    https://www.xenondepot.com/H11-HID-K...D-p/xt-h11.htm vs https://www.xenondepot.com/H11-Xtrem...ed-h11-pro.htm

one of the reasons also I am considering is that I can get the 5k pure white light over the bluish one I currently have.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKYFiestta View Post
    anybody run this one or is running hid not led just for a comparison.
    its on sale and was wondering if anybody has pulled the trigger I was contemplating trying their led instead but wanted to see if there is a good difference between the two
    https://www.xenondepot.com/H11-HID-K...D-p/xt-h11.htm vs https://www.xenondepot.com/H11-Xtrem...ed-h11-pro.htm

one of the reasons also I am considering is that I can get the 5k pure white light over the bluish one I currently have.
    The only HID set that's made for reflectors is the DeAuto LED, it is the only one that is the proper length/filament spot as halogen and is also 5000k. I had ordered it but had problems getting them installed properly and returned them, but another review shows they work well but do have a bit of rainbow effect along the cutoff.

Review

To purchase - Use BULB10 for 10% off.
    Tunes: Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available.
    Performance: Drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout, Whoosh crossover w/upgraded turbo inlet, silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, TurboSmart VR2 EM plumb back DV, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275.
    Mounts/bracing: Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Powerflex Street engine side mount inserts, TB Performance Traction Bar
    Interior: Mojo Mfg short shift plate, Savanini ball shift knob, leather padded arm rest cover.

Member 41 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about their Led version from that same company it also appears to be one of the few selections in the 5k ranged just curious if you or anybody else has personal experience with them. a few pics would be even sweeter.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKYFiestta View Post
    How about their Led version from that same company it also appears to be one of the few selections in the 5k ranged just curious if you or anybody else has personal experience with them. a few pics would be even sweeter.
    Yes, Xenon Depot are definitely among those that I'd like to try, but after looking closer I wouldn't be surprised if they perform very similar to the Morimoto 2.0, very similar design, same LED's used and power consumption, but in a passive cooled package... I'm running the Morimoto's, as they were gifted to me, but honestly, for $35 TechMax actually works slightly better but at a more bluish color temp. It all comes back to our housing only handling so much light output properly... But also, if the claimed actual output of 1900 Lumen per side with the Xenon Depot is accurate and is 3800 per pair, that would be slightly lower output of the TechMax at 4100, although Lux and Lumens are different measurements so really can't compare exactly... They should perform well, again, likely very close to the Morimoto but would still love to test them personally, of course. :)

New Member 6 Rep Points averyislost's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Thank you to @Flaco and @danbfree, I ended up ordering the TechMax and using the Sealights for fog light duty and the light output now is phenomenal! The cutoff is much better than the Sealights as @Flaco mentioned with the Techmax. I'll have to do some more back-road driving to really see how they do, but so far I'm impressed with the capability of these bulbs to match the cutoff and glare of the stock halogens while providing much more light.

Page 44 of 44 FirstFirst ... 34363738394041424344