Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Safe aftermarket LED headlight bulb info, finds and discussion

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #281
Dust covers are important where I am. The constant construction and road salt makes for a very dirty engine bay. The H11 socket is open on the bottom, dust will make it to the inside of the reflector area. That place is a bitch to clean, you can slosh soapy water but that's it. The DEAuto kit has been tried before, wish you better luck with them. https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/14556-deAutoLED-H11-Anti-glare-HID-bulbs
Oh man, can't believe I never found that review before I bought them, only would have had me sold on them even sooner... but yeah, it was disappointing to not be able to get it all to work, 3 hours of my life I'm not getting back but they are giving me a refund. I'm pretty much happy with the MAXGTRS that actually appears to be identical to the latest budget champ on Amazon. For you I'd recommend the pass-through covers I got, they are supple rubber and will let you at least keep the heat of the heat sink (and driver modules if you aren't already) away from your light source

I clicked on the Amazon link, it shows the product is not available???
I checked their website but there's not the same series...
So any other series you recommend to buy?
I read their blog about the best led headlights, but I still don't know which series is the best lol...
What an unhelpful article...[:(!]

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #283
I clicked on the Amazon link, it shows the product is not available???
I checked their website but there's not the same series...
So any other series you recommend to buy?
I read their blog about the best led headlights, but I still don't know which series is the best lol...
What an unhelpful article...[:(!]
Auxbeam? There are far more recommended one's on the front page or use this chart: http://bulbfacts.com/led-kits/chart/

Auxbeam? There are far more recommended one's on the front page or use this chart: http://bulbfacts.com/led-kits/chart/
Thank you so much!
The chart is amazing! Never known such a chart before lol...
Have you ever bought something from Auxbeam?
I found something I was interested in on their front page, but I search some comments about their products and after service.
Some people said the products and service were good but some said they were terrible...Maybe half and half.
I don't know if I should have a try...

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #285
Thank you so much!
The chart is amazing! Never known such a chart before lol...
Have you ever bought something from Auxbeam?
I found something I was interested in on their front page, but I search some comments about their products and after service.
Some people said the products and service were good but some said they were terrible...Maybe half and half.
I don't know if I should have a try...
Happy that you found that useful! I still recommend the MaxTech, which is the 3rd of all Amazon kits they have tested under $100 and is only $35... It appears to be identical to the MAXGTRS from early on in this thread and finally made it to Amazon with a different name and is nice to get them in 2 days instead of having to wait 2 weeks from China. They are very bright with very little glare... AuxBeam is like Cougar, a brand that got popular by word of mouth but really all not that great once tested, make sure you click on "show all kits" to see the full rankings.

Happy that you found that useful! I still recommend the MaxTech, which is the 3rd of all Amazon kits they have tested under $100 and is only $35... It appears to be identical to the MAXGTRS from early on in this thread and finally made it to Amazon with a different name and is nice to get them in 2 days instead of having to wait 2 weeks from China. They are very bright with very little glare... AuxBeam is like Cougar, a brand that got popular by word of mouth but really all not that great once tested, make sure you click on "show all kits" to see the full rankings.
lol I prefer Amazon too! I'll try MaxTech! Thanks a lot~

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #288
So here's what happens when you put top of the line, brightest LED's available from DeAutoLED, you overpower the crappy reflector housings and get diamond dazzling effect... Lesson learned, stick to the Morimoto 2 Stroke 2.0 if you want the best but not too bright... Can't get the photo to show directly, UGH, so here's the link

I received the MAXGTRS in the mail early this week and took about 4 weeks to get to my house from China so I installed them along with the new LED fog lights from Amazon that are 2 color, yellow and white and all I can say is the new headlights are life changing for these old eyes. The white light helps me see everything so much better and lights up road signs and other objects on the road.
The driving/fog lights really have little to no effect but look very cool in yellow and I've had no issues with them getting out of sync. These are my first ever LED headlights and I'm really impressed. COOP

maxp4354

Hello guys.
First and foremost I would like to thank you guys for the information posted in this thread.
I received my techmax kit from Amazon last night and I am running in to fitment issues on the passenger side bulb. With the bulb installed, I can't get the dust cover over the fan because the way the bulb is oriented.

The driver's side has more than enough clearance. I've pulled the housings out and double checked to make sure the bulbs aren't cockeyed or anything and they are both seated perfectly.
Does anyone have a suggestion?

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #291
Dust covers are important where I am. The constant construction and road salt makes for a very dirty engine bay. The H11 socket is open on the bottom, dust will make it to the inside of the reflector area. That place is a bitch to clean, you can slosh soapy water but that's it. The DEAuto kit has been tried before, wish you better luck with them. https://www.fiestastforum.com/threads/14556-deAutoLED-H11-Anti-glare-HID-bulbs
I've been thinking about this and I'm wondering if we can just seal up that little open spot under the bulb then with some weather sealing putty... the housing is just cheap and crappy overall, if we want to use LED's and have them be reliable we have to keep air flow to them though, it's kind of tough to come up with a good solution...

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #292
I updated the first post with the info on pass through rear covers, that passenger side is what really prevents us from using more models, I had to trim that opening rim a bit to even fit my DeAuto LED's, which were far too bright and had to return. You should post your pic here too, the results are excellent for our housings!
Hello guys.
First and foremost I would like to thank you guys for the information posted in this thread.
I received my techmax kit from Amazon last night and I am running in to fitment issues on the passenger side bulb. With the bulb installed, I can't get the dust cover over the fan because the way the bulb is oriented.

The driver's side has more than enough clearance. I've pulled the housings out and double checked to make sure the bulbs aren't cockeyed or anything and they are both seated perfectly.
Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well, I can't believe I just sat and went through this whole thread, start to finish...LOL

Anyone know anything/experiences with Cougar Motor LEDs? I know someone mentioned them earlier.

https://www.amazon.com/Cougar-Motor...2-spons&keywords=h11+led+headlight+bulb&psc=1
The dimensions of the product are what worry me. I have Xenondepot Extreme LEDs...they work great...I also have The maxgtrs from Ali Express....but I haven't been able to try them out...but they are pretty decent from what this thread says.Good luck of you do!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #295
Well, I can't believe I just sat and went through this whole thread, start to finish...LOL

Anyone know anything/experiences with Cougar Motor LEDs? I know someone mentioned them earlier.

https://www.amazon.com/Cougar-Motor...2-spons&keywords=h11+led+headlight+bulb&psc=1
They have strong word of mouth but are rated very average HERE (Click on "Load all kits tested" to see how far down they are. I'd go with the TechMax, amazing for the money.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #296
Let's try this again, this is what happens when you get bulbs TOO bright for our housings... This is the DeAutoLED's that are $145 before specials.

Yeah, I saw your post about that. I might end up getting the Car Rover LED switchbacks just for the time being even though they're not rated high in terms of output. Switch up to the DD or Morimotos later on.

Were those the nonflective HID headlight bulbs or the fogs? I know you mentioned it previously but too lazy to go back [emoji23]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #298
Yeah, I saw your post about that. I might end up getting the Car Rover LED switchbacks just for the time being even though they're not rated high in terms of output. Switch up to the DD or Morimotos later on.

Were those the nonflective HID headlight bulbs or the fogs? I know you mentioned it previously but too lazy to go back [emoji23]
The pic immediately above is the DeAutoKey LED headlight set, that is simply TOO bright... I tried their non-glaring HID kit first but they died before I could even get them installed properly but someone else on here tried them with pretty good results HERE , I thought the side glare is normal for our cars? Hmmm, anyway, they are a great company, they are refunding me in full and sending me a reverse light LED set to offset my return shipping costs.

Also, Diode Dynamic fogs are on sale today at Rally Sport Direct for $128, not bad!

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #299
Hello guys.

I'm re-posting this here for you Stephen... Also found THESE rear covers to exactly match 30mm the bulb fan housing width for them...

This is his results with the TechMax, I think its the absolute best you can do with reflector housings...