Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

New 2016 ST Owner from Oregon

Hello All,

Looking forward to learning more about my amazing little machine. I've had it just two weeks and can safely say it is the ideal car for me after 40 years of driving two wheels and four: fast and agile when I need it to be, economical and practical when I need that. My daily commute takes me over Oregon's Coast Range from Lincoln City to Salem and I'm loving every minute of it.

One of the reviews that had the most influence on my purchase decision was Road & Track's inaugural Performance Car of the Year Shootout from 2013. Check it out if you haven't already.

My only regret is not getting an FiST sooner!

Peter

OP
Peter H
Thread Starter #10
...I think that review nailed what most of us love about our cars...
I especially liked this bit:

...The Ford had seemed competent enough on the track, but on the road, it's a revelation. It's full throttle everywhere and trail-brake and body roll and just thrilling. "You wouldn't want to go any faster on these roads than the Fiesta can go,"...

anticon

Hello All,

Looking forward to learning more about my amazing little machine. I've had it just two weeks and can safely say it is the ideal car for me after 40 years of driving two wheels and four: fast and agile when I need it to be, economical and practical when I need that. My daily commute takes me over Oregon's Coast Range from Lincoln City to Salem and I'm loving every minute of it.

One of the reviews that had the most influence on my purchase decision was Road & Track's inaugural Performance Car of the Year Shootout from 2013. Check it out if you haven't already.

My only regret is not getting an FiST sooner!

Peter
I really like value, performance, and numbers. This link takes the power to weight ratio but adds in cost for various cars. The Fiesta ST winds up at number 7 after you get above 190 HP. However, I think the real take away is how light the Fiesta ST is, the next car on the list with a similar power to weight ratio and the combined low weight is the Veloster Turbo. If you throw on an intercooler, panel filter, and RMM, you can basically get tuned for E30 and be pushing 230 HP. that puts it right at the top of the list. I assume all the prices are MSRP, so I didn't factor in that you can probably get a used Fiesta ST even cheaper to make the value/performance ratio even better. My thought is you can get great performance/value and a very light car by today's standards, that's quite a combination.

https://oppositelock.kinja.com/whats-the-best-power-weight-ratio-per-dollar-1699756090

Nice to see another OR owner. I’m brand new here and just bought my ST a month ago.

My first little bit of fun came on Devil’s Lake Road when I stayed in Lincoln City a few weeks ago. I kept it pretty tame but that’s a fun short stretch to play on :)