Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CSK Aliexpress intercooler

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Edit: I deleted the first one as, THIS ONE is EXACTLY the same as the $695 ATP for $220 shipped (plus cash back)! Stratified does have it with a $50 tune credit for $625 as well, but still $220 for ordering it direct from China and it's the exact same dimension, bar and plate design and everything, ATP obviously didn't pay for an exclusive on the design and looks like it can pay by ordering from AliExpress!

Last edited:

redmoe

Personally I don’t think the price difference is worth the smaller size and lack of customer support with these vs a Whoosh or Depot IC. For $130 to $150 price difference you are getting pretty much the largest core that can be crammed under the stock crash bar, customer support and a reputable tested part. Just my $.02 I wouldn’t take the risks on parts like this when it comes to the intake tract of the car.

I agree with it not being worth it for the money. There is another vendor on this forum who is currently selling intercoolers for like $285 and those appear to be the same as Whoosh and Depo. Also I wouldn' use Whoosh or Depo as a top level comparison. They are both nice units (I run a Depo), but they are far from the best. These are great stock turbo/mild climate units and much larger than the OEM while the one you posted is not.

I can appreciate hunting for the best value, but that value has been on this forum for a while now.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
Personally I don’t think the price difference is worth the smaller size and lack of customer support with these vs a Whoosh or Depot IC. For $130 to $150 price difference you are getting pretty much the largest core that can be crammed under the stock crash bar, customer support and a reputable tested part. Just my $.02 I wouldn’t take the risks on parts like this when it comes to the intake tract of the car.
I agree with it not being worth it for the money. There is another vendor on this forum who is currently selling intercoolers for like $285 and those appear to be the same as Whoosh and Depo. Also I wouldn' use Whoosh or Depo as a top level comparison. They are both nice units (I run a Depo), but they are far from the best. These are great stock turbo/mild climate units and much larger than the OEM while the one you posted is not.

I can appreciate hunting for the best value, but that value has been on this forum for a while now.
Well, it used to be sold by Mishimoto until they developed their own J and Z lines so I know it's not utter total garbage. To me it's far from about cramming the biggest one in at the best relative value, I'm ALL about the budget, period, right now and you guys know that it's not that hot in the western NW. So for me, a full 25% larger core size over stock is PLENTY for my application and the cheapest of those other ones is no longer $285 but up to $320, a big difference over $195 shipped.

We're almost through the hottest part of the year. I would just wait until next spring to buy a good one.

Plus, did you see the estimated shipping time? By the time you got it, we are through with the "hot" weather.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
We're almost through the hottest part of the year. I would just wait until next spring to buy a good one.

Plus, did you see the estimated shipping time? By the time you got it, we are through with the "hot" weather.
Well for me it's also about being able to run a Stage 2 tune, and we all know that is the one item needed... also don't want to go too big and impede airflow to the already undersized radiator, I figured this was a way to at least upgrade "enough" and I like the black color but also looking at the other bigger one and also that one from those 3 vendors and will think about it...

zanethan

I'll echo what a few others have said and recommend the Whoosh unit. I'm very happy with mine and it works very well even on 95+ degree days. I typically see intake temps just a few degrees (5-7) above ambient even on very hot days. For the extra $100ish bucks I'd say it's worth it.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
I'll echo what a few others have said and recommend the Whoosh unit. I'm very happy with mine and it works very well even on 95+ degree days. I typically see intake temps just a few degrees (5-7) above ambient even on very hot days. For the extra $100ish bucks I'd say it's worth it.
Looks like you may have missed it, but that 2nd one is the ATP unit that is $695 for only ~$220 shipped, THAT is the one I am probably going for now...

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #14
I may do that as well! How does that sight work? It seems weird
I thought it's a straight forward "add to cart then check out" process, they should give you a coupon code for $4 off and if you know how cash back plugins work you can get another 3%..

Sent from my LG-H932 using Tapatalk

SST

OP, did you end up getting the ACS intercooler? hows the fitment?

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #16
OP, did you end up getting the ACS intercooler? hows the fitment?
I haven't gotten one yet, had the chance to get one off eBay for $143 but went responsible and spent the money on an upgraded DV first... [MENTION=8914]XanRules[/MENTION] did get in on that deal for around $150 but I think he still has to put it in. Since it's not exactly the biggest, fitment shouldn't be an issue at all, but the last I checked I couldn't find them for under $220 now, so at that price I'm gonna go with a US vendor or keep waiting.