Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

KW v3 coilovers ....any reviews ??

Ive been searching high and low for options i could use too rid my car of harshness the factory spring/strut combo give us.
The reason I have been digging into the KW, its one of the only options that at its max height setting it will give me only .2 inch drop under the factory height.
The NYC road are unforgiving.
The next options that comes in as a runner up are the Eibach pro kit that drops around .8 inch.. Ive seen some good reviews of ride comfort, paired with either Koni or b6/b8.

Ive called about a half dozen vendors and talked too them about the ride quality but no one can really give me a solid answer, some people even give a polar opposite idea of what the ride will be like. So that only tells me that they do not have a real first hand impression

Anyone run them long term for street use?
Any better/other options out there for a car that wont get much track use coilover or standard setup?

I’ll apologize up front, as I have not used the V3 from KW, but on an earlier Fiesta I had the V1 coils. Extremely good ride(even without the damping and rebound adjustability of the V3), excellent quality, I did have them lowered to finger width between the tire and fender. The only reason why I went with Bilstein B8s and Swift springs is price and lower maintenance/potential fail points of the adjustable parts of the coil overs. You’ll love the KWs.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

OP
K
Thread Starter #3
i really want too use a strut and spring setup like the B8 and Eibach but the drop is the issue and its really the only real reason am looking into the V3.
With that being said, its hard too spend the cash on it without hearing first hand about hows it works on our chassis.
Am sure there will be no issues in the performance end of the deal....but am kinda chasing a balance of both worlds between ride height, performance and a better ride quality..

Also keep in mind that B8s are nowhere to be found...have been on nationwide back order for almost a year. Latest update is that they are due in October but the due date changes every 2 months...don't hold your breath. If you are wanting to make a move soon...count Bilsteins out of the choices.

Unless the B6 are available for OEM height improvement. I haven’t checked.

Sent from my iPhone using Glue and macaroni

All Bilstein products...B6, B8 and B14 are all on nationwide back order last I heard.

I had a set of KW v3s on my old ZX3......rode a bit harsh, but I'll admit my knowledge of cars and tuning their respective parts was much less back then

SST

my KW experience is not on this platform as well, but i find v1 and v2 that i have experience on two VWs are really harsh, one had a bumstop trimmed and made a tad improvement.