Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

I swapped from OE seats to Recaros but need heater switches and wires...

I did the seat swap, but I haven't gotten around to doing the switches and wiring for the heaters. So I'm interested in this as well.

I swapped out my base seats for Recaros as well and I'm trying to figure out the wiring for heated seats. I believe you will need to run a ground and hot wire to each seat.

The two wires in this picture are the only difference in the harness in the heated seats vs our base seats.
According to this diagram its pins 9 and 16.

You can order the switches for around $15 each from rockauto.com
Here's the part numbers for the switches.
Driver side: D2BZ-14D694-D
Passenger side: D2BZ-14D694-C

Here's electrical wiring diagrams for a 2014 Fiesta:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6r720r7hhebcvwy/2014%20Fiesta.7z?dl=0

Last edited:

PhoenixM3

Funny. I have a 2015 FiST with Recaros which I’d like to transfer to my wife’s base model 2017 FiST. I’m interested in this process too.

This is perfect. I just found some recaros and they are being delivered next week. I would love to have the seat heaters working for the winter...

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just an FYI for you guys trying to get them to work. I've spent a LOT of time on the phone with my Ford parts department. I swapped a set of Recaros into my partners car, put the switches in, and put the fuse in the under dash fusebox for it, I then tried to pop the relays into the box but it seems the wiring isn't there. So I called the dealership and tried to see if I could buy a fusebox from a car with heated seats. Turns out both the base and Recaro cars have the same exact fusebox part number. I haven't been able to remove or open up the back side of the box yet so I don't know if the wires are just tucked away inside or otherwise blocked off, but the relays need to be added to the wiring somehow.

The fusebox is the same part number but the harness probably has a different SKU, or there is an "add on" harness they put in at the factory. Totally uneducated guess on my part. You could possibly just make your own harness if you're willing.
If you make a harness make 2 extra and I will gladly pay for them...

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The fusebox is the same part number but the harness probably has a different SKU, or there is an "add on" harness they put in at the factory. Totally uneducated guess on my part. You could possibly just make your own harness if you're willing.
Ford told me the entire wire harness was one single part. From the dash fusebox to the hatch. I can't find any additional harnesses anywhere :c

Got my seats in and I work with an electrical engineer that is into side projects so he is into helping me figure out the final details with hooking up the heated seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Peterson

Premium Account
Got my seats in and I work with an electrical engineer that is into side projects so he is into helping me figure out the final details with hooking up the heated seats.

Keep us in mind if you go through with it.

Good grief. A couple of months a year of use for me would not be worth all of this...

That is absolutely something I would be into!!

I’m absolutely in! I don’t mind getting the supplies and doing simple install if the difficult interface work is provided.

Are you guys working on this still? I bought a complete totalled fiesta st for parts with recaros. Mirrors bolted on and worked plug and play. I have now figured out the missing wires between my base seat car and the parts recaro car. I split all the factory dash wiring from the switches to the bcm. And split the wiring from body harness from the seats to the fuse box. Getting close myself. Wants to see if some one knows more then me and can give me some pointers I may miss before attempting this swap.

Attachments

Anyone? I have the harness that someone made. I have the dash switches. I can program forscan. I’ve used my small brain to figure the yellow and green go to the seats. But need to know where to plug the of orange/brown pins, white/blue pins, purple/grey pins, blue/orange pins, and brown/white pins.
For what it is worth, I’d happily send someone some cash via Venmo if they can guide me through it.
My car is a 17. The seats are grey, which I think means they are 16-17 seats.

🙏🙏🙏