Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Detailing kits ?

I got my FIST back in May and want to give her a nice wax and detail before the winter comes. I don’t have anything other than a bunch of microfiber clothes. Ideally looking for some sort of package that can include a random orbital, pads, waxes, claybar, and some cleaning products.

I know chemical guys makes a kit at around $200 that includes most. Anyone know of other kits or recommend individual brands that are reliable ? Should I stay away from any?

Thanks everyone !

PS- I’ve never detailed a car before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

biotec out of jacksonville sells a pretty seasonable kit, 2 of which are $50.
im sure you have a bucket. lol. so id buy the 1st kit and just get the wool mitt if you deperately want one.

XanRules

Chemical Guys is vastly overpriced for what you get.

If I wanted a DA polisher kit I'd get something like this: https://www.autogeek.net/porter-cable-soft-buff-kit.html - the PC7424XP is a great polisher and the Meguiar's products are very well-regarded. Keep in mind that a DA polishing kit is not a beginner-friendly thing - if I am underestimating your skill and experience, please forgive me.

If I just wanted to wash/clay/wax my exterior, I'd get two buckets with grit guards, a foam gun, a bunch of cloths and mitts from The Rag Company, and the following products specifically:
Adam's Car Wash Shampoo or Lusso Auto Bathe
Nanoskin Sponge + Lube
Poorboy's World Natty Blue Wax
Sonax Wheel Cleaner

You can get a decent DA orbital from harbor freight for like $60. I went with one of the cheaper chemical guys kits that included the TorqX, however, that was only because they had a 25% of deal which make it around the same price as the Harbor Freight one. As far as skill level you should be fine. You have to be careful when using rotary buffers but as long as you're not going overkill with pressure and make sure the DA stays spinning you should be fine.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I really do you like Chemical Guys the secret with them is when you find a product that you like buy the larger size their bulk prices are really good. I would give it a good a wash, clay bar it the Mother's kit that you can get a Walmart is actually pretty good. I would then use chemical guys white light glaze on it makes white cars pop because you have a white car. Before winter time I would put Chemical Guys jetseal on it. That's just me though to each his own.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk