Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

MTC/Cobb/Whoosh/Depo/Pwnall off-branded?

XanRules

Yeah once you factor in the cost of brackets it's nearly a wash price-wise, plus you keep money in the community, so to speak.

OP
danbfree

danbfree

3000 Post Club
Thread Starter #62
Yeah once you factor in the cost of brackets it's nearly a wash price-wise, plus you keep money in the community, so to speak.
That's for the actual J-line that needs the bracket and adapters, it's huge and actually nothing to do with the cheapie discussed... the eBay one for $199 is a clone of the "Beat the Heat R&D" one that has a dead thread on here, looks like they developed it and never sold well as it was priced too high for the smallest IC upgrade you can get, seems right it ended up as an off-brand on eBay... Now, the eBay one is Bar and Plate, which is how Mishimoto developed it as a prototype, but they ended up making the final product fin and tube. I bet they sold off their bar and plate prototype design cheap to the factories over there and is still tying to sell their fin and tube version themselves.

CSM

1000 Post Club

Installed my Pwnall intercooler over the weekend. Nice piece of kit...Also got a Dizzy Stage 2 OST tune.
I'm happy!

Last edited:

CSM

1000 Post Club

Installed my Pwnall intercooler over the weekend. Nice piece of kit...Also got a Dizzy Stage 2 OST tune.
I'm happy!
Just an update. Did some pulls this week as the temp got cooler.

Car is feeling GREAT with this setup. So much more torque.

Pwnall intercooler is awesome. At highway speeds Charge temps are showing within 3* of ambient temp. During hard pulls it gets no more than 5-10* above ambient.

FWIW My Injen intake consistently shows 12* above ambient at speed

I'm happy!
Looks like an easy install with just Rhino ramps! Did you have a chance to weigh the stock vs Pwnall? In looking forward to installing mine as well!

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Looks like an easy install with just Rhino ramps! Did you have a chance to weigh the stock vs Pwnall? In looking forward to installing mine as well!
these Depo, MTC, whoosh intercoolers and others that now sell them weight just over 12 lbs / 15 lbs shipping weight

these Depo, MTC, whoosh intercoolers and others that now sell them weight just over 12 lbs / 15 lbs shipping weight
Thx Ron. Would you happen to know what the factory stock IC weigh? How's the V2 of your new IC coming along?