Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Member 49 Rep Points OrangeFiST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The 2014 Coolant Loss/Engine Fire Recall

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I have one of the FiSTs within the VIN range for the Coolant Loss/Engine Fire recall. I got the letter and didn’t pay much attention to it. After about a week, I called my service advisor. Apparently it wouldn’t be a slow leak, but a sudden one, causing cracked block, causing oil leak, causing fire.

Anyway, the repair turned into a can of worms. Come to find out it wasn’t just throwing a sensor in and calling it a day. Apparently, they had to take some things apart to install the sensor. After they opened some things up, they noticed a broken tab on the thermostat. They tried to fish it out but only got part of it. The other piece had to be somewhere. Come to find out it had lodged into the water pump so they had to get to the water pump and examine it. Found the other piece of the tab in the water pump. Examined the water pump for damage and there was none. I suppose they had to tear the whole front bumper cover and then some to get to the water pump. What turned out to be a couple hours turned into several.

So if you get the letter, do make a service appointment asap. That was my experience. Thought I’d share.
    Molten Orange - "Jelly Bean" - Recaros, Navigation, Moonroof, Rados
    Mountune Shift Kit, Cobb RMM, Boomba Shift Knob and wing risers, Boomba Symposer Delete, K&N Air Filter.

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 25 Rep Points  
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Thanks for the reminder, I just got my car back on Tuesday after having this recall work done. The dealership had my car for 12 days and said it was an extensive recall. They replaced a couple lines and the coolant overflow tank. The only thing that sucks about having it done. They said they had to uninstall my Damond Motorsports oil catch can. Because the can was interfering with the routing of the new lines.
    2014 Oxford White FiST. Mountune short throw kit JBR weighted knob. 15% tint, debaged, Perrin shorty antenna, Cobb Accessport, Mishimoto Intercooler, MBRP hot side charge pipe, Damond Motorsports oil catch can, Injen cat back exhaust, Eibach springs, Team Dynamics Pro Race 3 15X7, Stop Tech braided brakelines, Stop Tech vented rotors, Hawk brake pads, Maxton Design front splitter, Boomba Racing Short Shifter, Sound Symposer Delete, BOV adapter, FoST to FiST Recaro ST3 seat swap.