Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

P0454 code after tune

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
I had a similar issue on an impreza. Subaru dealer had no clue through a new ecu at it! 2 mechanics in NH no clue after smoke tests.

Got it to a little shop in PA and he licked his fingers stuck em in the air and said " fuel tank or fuel tank gasket". Had him change the gasket and no more codes. Maybe it's some seal between the fill hole and the tank?

The P061a isn't emissions related. If you're tuned, it's not a issue, just the car freaking out about the extra torque.
Fasho, just looked into that today lol thanks bruv. I did find out my catch can hose was compromised so I replaced it and cleaned the area lol. How ever Im stuck with p1450 "unable to bleed up tank vacuum" after fueling Dx.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Fasho, just looked into that today lol thanks bruv. I did find out my catch can hose was compromised so I replaced it and cleaned the area lol. How ever Im stuck with p1450 "unable to bleed up tank vacuum" after fueling Dx.
I’ve had this code so many times. I just clear it out and it eventually stops coming back. Can replace the evap harness if you want, too. It’s under $150 and pretty easy to do

I’ve had this code so many times. I just clear it out and it eventually stops coming back. Can replace the evap harness if you want, too. It’s under $150 and pretty easy to do
I had replaced a while back under warranty; I honestly don't think it could be it im suspecting somewhere from the goose neck to the charcoal canister :unsure:

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
When my car had that code, I fixed it by replacing the EVAP purge valve

When my car had that code, I fixed it by replacing the EVAP purge valve
Been looking around the internet and my car: so there are 2 purge valves on our vehicles; one under the hood the most know of (harness valve) and the other is on the charcoal canister itself which tends to go out as well.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I had replaced a while back under warranty; I honestly don't think it could be it im suspecting somewhere from the goose neck to the charcoal canister :unsure:
Or the charcoal canister took it in the pants from some road debris*[thankyou] Unless you have a Evap skid plate or Rear metal splitter.

Last edited:

Woods247

2000 Post Club
Maybe I missed it but what’s the solution to fixing p0454?

I replaced my Evap harness in the engine bay (includes new purge valve) after getting a soft code for the evap issues. Couple months later I get a CEL on the dash for the P0454, which specifically says its the pressure sensor/switch so my guess is its not the evap purge valve, but the cannister sensor or sensor in the tank...