Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'14 Oxford White ST: Panda

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Are the Redline leather boots nice? I've only heard great things about them from other people.

And what E-brake thing are you talking about? I wanted to see if it's the same one I'm thinking about.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #22
Are the Redline leather boots nice? I've only heard great things about them from other people.

And what E-brake thing are you talking about? I wanted to see if it's the same one I'm thinking about.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00K0CN87K/ref=oh_details_o01_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have heard nothing but good things from redline. They have been in business for YEARS. I just never bought anything from them before.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #26
so......I don't know if I will use it right away, as my MPG and smile is still very high, but I did pick up an Accessport for $400 shipped, like new shape off the Forum here. I couldn't pass on about $120 savings with shipping costs. It will be here sat, and that blue cover is going White ASAP. :)

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
so......I don't know if I will use it right away, as my MPG and smile is still very high, but I did pick up an Accessport for $400 shipped, like new shape off the Forum here. I couldn't pass on about $120 savings with shipping costs. It will be here sat, and that blue cover is going White ASAP. :)
Congrats on the tune. Go pick up the pro-clip mount if you don't already have one. Use SAVETEN coupon code to save 10%.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #28
thx. I will either mount it there or right next to the touch screen. I saw that clip holds it well.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #30
i was gonna go 35%, but i ended up not doing it. I dunno, I had 35% on my last car and it was nice but my other car was 20% and it kept the car cooler and looked better for pics. I'm gonna get that waiver anyways. headlights at night really do bother me and I wear glasses 24/7 as it is.

I did 35% as that's what's NC legal..... still looks pretty good. Gotta love white! I'm thinking there will be some more custom wheels soon too.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #32
just installed the AP. my AFR is 12.5 WOT.

about to UNinstall the AP and sell. this is a crock of shyt.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I suggest installing Stage 0 so you can see the stock program AFR. Do that and it might set your mind at ease. Also run a view of all the knock sensor data.

Kind of why I'm waiting and leaving mine alone for a while. I've been down the modifying road with way too many cars. None of these companies would be willing to pay for damages as a result of their product, so while I'm under warranty, not sure I'm gonna gamble. I personally am surprised to hear that about a Cobb tuner, they seem to have it together. I have paid for a short block on my 99 Z28 as a result of installing brand new Dart heads only to discover the valve guides had excessive clearance (.006-.010) and was using a quart every 1000 miles. I paid to have them removed and repaired by a local machine shop only to have them spin a rod bearing on the dyno on the 2nd pull. I can't help but think they didn't richen the tune before dyno'ing.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #35
Stage 0 is the same. 12.5-12.7.

I am being mindfuxxed here. This is not supposed to be safe.

iso100

1000 Post Club
I say uninstall it if you're nervous and give Cobb a call. Ask for Braden and see what he has to say about it. Be sure to post your findings here though! I'm curious as well.

I just wouldn't return it without talking to the manufacturer first.

dyn085

2000 Post Club
I say uninstall it if you're nervous and give Cobb a call. Ask for Braden and see what he has to say about it. Be sure to post your findings here though! I'm curious as well.

I just wouldn't return it without talking to the manufacturer first.
Exactly this.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #38
Braden @ cobb answered my concerns. Di cars run like this. So stock is 12.7 @ wot. I am gonna have to adjust to this.

"Welcome to Direct Injection! The 1.6L Sigma ecoboost motor is a fantastic piece of engineering. In stock form the tune runs 12.7:1 through most of the powerband and only begins to inject fuel when the catalyst temps near their peak. Our calibrations bring the fuel in a little earlier due to the increased low end boost and advanced ignition timing. If you were to run 11.0 the engine would run poorly as the combustion chamber would be saturated with unusable fuel. The days of port injection are becoming more and more limited with the rapid advancement of DI.

Cheers,
Braden@COBB"

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #40
13's down low, 12.7 midrange and 11.7 op top.

My timing was 1-15deg last nite...now its 2-6 today. Must be the heat and ecu pulling it.