Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

'14 Oxford White ST: Panda

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #125
Summit:
-2,200lbs after the swap
-motor started as a short block for talon....changed plans
-300hp in a fwd coke can is hilariously dangerous and fun.
-parts are cheaper and simpler suspension/engine bay setup
-uniqueness
-more rally car. Im all about rally chassis styles.

Talon:
-awd
-sexy
-rust issues
-high mileage motor and trans. Both needed work. Pulled to repair and lost interest...sold car as a rolling shell
-not rally. Touring car.
-Awd woes.
-heavy...like 2,900+lbs

In the end the summit is a blast and tiny. The talon was on the road for two years before i went to redo her and then the summit stole her motor. I lost interest in the talon because of rust issues and i had it for years and it was at a point that i needed to build it or move on. I bought the summit cause i was making BANK and i wanted another toy lol. New toy took old toy's money.

Ultimately i am happy with my choice. :)

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #126
2j-Racing intake pre-ordered. Shipping in March. Injen is too quiet for me after I chopped off my muffler. I need moar noise and cooler air!

>:)

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #131
It was just a 4" tip they had at the shop. Its got a bevelled inner wall. They just put bent pipe on and did the tip. Its not mandrel bent but its not a permenant thing. Its more of a holdover until i go cat delete and a better system down the road. Maybe injen. Im not a fan of twin tips at all.

Go Injen! I agree that double tips look odd. I mean, the rally cars are rockin' single tip.

The tip is only 3 inches in diameter though. I would have preferred 3.5.

IMG_6204.JPG IMG_6203.JPG

It was just a 4" tip they had at the shop. Its got a bevelled inner wall. They just put bent pipe on and did the tip. Its not mandrel bent but its not a permenant thing. Its more of a holdover until i go cat delete and a better system down the road. Maybe injen. Im not a fan of twin tips at all.
I'm a fan of the 4" single outlet for the ST, that's why I asked. That's the way it should've looked from the factory.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #134
Yeah too small....id prolly have a shop weld on a SS straight cut tip lol. It matters!

I wanna hear that injen!!

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #137

screenshot windows 7

Picked up a sleeper audio setup: an OEM 4" sub and 100w amp, matched set, in a Klipsch home audio ported box. It BEAT in my buddy's truck. I picked it up for $50, and i got $50 in wiring and connectors to run it. Gonna go off the back speaker and power it from the sony radio fuse. It's 100w max so it's barely gonna have any draw. My buddy is an audio competition guy and he put the amp and sub in the box for shits n giggles. It already has a custom wiring harnes from insife the box for L/R speaker connection, PWR & GND from 10ga wires. Box was siliconed up and ready to go.

Should be interesting. I am gonna try installing tomorrow since im totally free and it snowed like crazy tonite.

OP
H

HaveBlue83

Thread Starter #138

image hosting over 5mb

It vibrates my rear view mirror. Done. Sounds awesome. I actually had to turn the bass down in the audio panel. I dont hear anything but bass so the amp must have a built in LPF.

I have $98 in this. Jist need a grille now.

WIN!!! LOOK at all this space in the hatch i have:

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Nice, looks can be deceiving when it comes to speaker boxes.[giddy]

rooSTer

1000 Post Club
Function > Form [rockon]

image hosting over 5mb

It vibrates my rear view mirror. Done. Sounds awesome. I actually had to turn the bass down in the audio panel. I dont hear anything but bass so the amp must have a built in LPF.

I have $98 in this. Jist need a grille now.

WIN!!! LOOK at all this space in the hatch i have: