Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

front windshield shade

ROCKYFiestta

anybody know of a good better fitting front windshield shade. i got the a crappo one at the auto store but it doesn't fit the unique fist front windshield area just wondering if there is a more specific one for our cars. I like to use it since i have a navigation and it gets stupid hot without being covered. when i leave my car outside.[loveboost]

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
This should be just what you're looking for, I got it after having the same problem with a poorly-fitting one from the parts store-
Intro-Tech Automotive Windshield Sun Shade.-
https://www.autoanything.com/driving-accessories/60A4065A0A0.aspx

From my post on it- It's well-made, fits our tall windshield perfectly, and rolls up easily and secures with a velcro strap. The gold option looks good with my blue car. The tallest generic one I found wasn't tall enough to stay behind the sun visors, so for me it was worth the extra cost for this custom-fitted one. It's pretty cheap for a custom-only about $36 with the promo code.
I have a Covercraft in my other car, the stiff accordion-folding type, and it's great too but with our small interior it's a bit easier to fish this slightly flexible one out from behind the passenger seat where I keep it. The rep also said these have a lifetime warranty and I don't think Covercraft does.
http://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/14062-Great-Windshield-Sunshade-Intro-Tech

slopoke

Make your own. The big box home improvement stores sell a double reflective insulation that works perfectly. On the two cars I park outside I use this on all of the windows to keep the interior safe from the UV rays. For less than the price of a typical sun shade, you can get a whole roll. It comes in different widths, but I just get the smallest one and add a section at the bottom to fill the entire windshield area.

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #4
very nice options thanks, and you are definitely right the height is way to short on the store bought one and i hate to leave the little black bubble exposed (dunno what heck its for never seen them on a car) im guessing a sensor of some sort but 110 degree days im sure will take a toll on the electronic device. I will definitely look into it thanks really appreciate it and my baby will too since she lives outdoors all day everyday.[^]

OP
ROCKYFiestta

ROCKYFiestta

Thread Starter #6
i ordered the gold one from autoanything and i picked up some wiper blades while i was at. thanks for the great tip cant wait for a real shade to arrive. also they gave me a discount with the code.[^]

Ford Community Posts