Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Going from a FoRS to a FiST.....am I crazy?

OP
A
Thread Starter #21
I am likely in the same boat but with my ST. I’m picking up a company van today and I also have a paid for Tahoe that’s been sitting in our garage for over a month and the wife has a 16’ Civic. So basically the ST will be cleaned and garaged I guess.
Some people are completely cool with it, but honestly it bothers the hell out of me. Once again, if you have the title for a vehicle to me that is a different story, as the only real cost is insurance. For me though, I had a hard time justifying keeping two cars when the "nicer" one was sitting around.

A company vehicle is a nice perk though!

This is a legit question and I am curious what others who have done similar think.

Long story short, I got a great deal on a RS last year (Aug 2017) and have really enjoyed it. This is NOT my first AWD performance car as I have owned Evo's and STi's over the years.

I took a new job recently that requires around a 100 mile commute....mostly highway. The miles are going to start racking up like crazy on the RS, and truly I never imagined it would be my DD especially with that amount of driving. Anyway....I have driven the FiST and I did enjoy it. Obviously, it does lack some things but for what i need at this point in my life I believe it will suit my needs. I am filling up every 2 1/2 days, racking up miles, and driving my car into a large city (potholes, parking decks, etc). So far she is dent free, but it is only a matter of time.

Thoughts from folks who went from RS to FiST? Thoughts in general welcomed too!

[/IMG]
Why not keep both? You can get a used FIST for dirt cheap and I'm sure the RS will start appreciating soon the way Ford is going. I average 10l / 100KM with my stage 3 tune. If you put the car into an eco tune it will be quite cheap. Just make sure you are happy with the recaros on that long of a drive...

Jerickson88

Some people are completely cool with it, but honestly it bothers the hell out of me. Once again, if you have the title for a vehicle to me that is a different story, as the only real cost is insurance. For me though, I had a hard time justifying keeping two cars when the "nicer" one was sitting around.

A company vehicle is a nice perk though!
Exactly! I hate to make a payment for it to be a garage ornament. For Gods sake, it’s a Fiesta, not a Cuda! But none the less, I’ll keep it and keep her clean. May not have the job forever and would regret selling the car I’m sure!