Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Pad taper

Curious to hear from those who have replaced brake pads. I just replaced my stockers and have top to bottom taper on the inner pads at each wheel. All outers show even wear. Caliper pins move easily, maybe the upper pin at the left rear a little too much. This is at 22.5k miles, 1 autocross and 2 track days. What have you all seen?

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
.030" on the rears, .130-.140" on the fronts. Max allowable according to the manual is .060"/1.5mm. There was still some meat on them, say 3mm minimum. I just changed them for an upcoming track day.

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I don't think I'd be worried about 3mm taper. Let me see if I can find some old pads.

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
Thanks. I was was getting a slight pull and higher pedal effort, but that went away with the new pads (Mountune street).

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Drence

i had to buy new pinsfor it. it was the rear caliper and it was giving me the sound of worn out pads. (pad ended up being glazed over)

Last edited: