Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Things You didn't like about FiST

Biggest complaint for me is the fake engine noise piped into the cabin and the overly quiet exhaust. I mean, they could have simplified things by just completely omitting the symposer and putting a *slightly* louder exhaust on it.

Second would be the bouncy ride. I understand it's a small, light car with a sporty suspension, but from my understanding just about any aftermarket spring/strut/shock upgrade improves ride quality.

Would have been nice to have an optional limited slip too.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The gauge cluster is unimpressive...antique vs modern.
Not that I particularly like this one, but it's an example of modern (from Civic)

Also... a digital temperature readout. Postings from others have shown that the fake logarithmic temperature gauge functions more like a dummy light than a gauge.

If you pull on the rear inside handle twice it unlocks the door, just a little built in trick...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Whaaaaaaaat?? that's so good to know!! Thanks for informing me!! im gonna have someone try it next time they're in the back seats!!

I wonder how many other "hidden secrets" our cars have!!??!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Not that I particularly like this one, but it's an example of modern (from Civic)

Also... a digital temperature readout. Postings from others have shown that the fake logarithmic temperature gauge functions more like a dummy light than a gauge.
I am sorry but thats a poor example that is one ugly ass gauge cluster. Give me round dials all day long not this psuedo futuristic design BS . I
The centered large round tach with digital speed readout is just gimmicky..

Oh P.S. The 80’s called they want their futuristic gauge cluster back. Lol

I like the center mounted tach w/digital speedo pictured. But would rather legit oil pressure, oil temp, water temp, boost gauges.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club

the abarth 500 one is pretty great

I honestly enjoy the simplicity of the FiST, it's actually for that fact I chose it because it reminds me of what we all used to appreciate, a 6 speed gearbox attached to a wound up hyperactive turbo motor dropped into a canyon carving ridiculous smile on your face machine! You want a gauge, install one! You got an accessport that tell you everything you could ever want to know! As long as one needle tells me I'm driving too fast and the other one tells me where my RPMs are at the only thing I care about is where the gas station is! C'mon people, where are my old schoolers at?! I had a '92 Mitsu GSX that would chew up road like it was its job, a '99 zx2 that was so tossable you'd want to bathe it in ranch dressing, a '03 Mazdaspeed Protege that surprised many subi's...old school lives in the FiST, it's one of the last of it's kind, that's why I love it!

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The pedals aren’t great for heal and toe unless you are threshold braking.

I never understood HT braking, but I put in a spacer designed for that from Modbargains. Raises the accelerator flush with the brake pedal. My foot kept getting stuck hitting the side of the brake pedal, which is one thing I don't like about it. Also, coins fall out of my right pocket and ALWAYS manage to find their way into the gap at the base of the E-brake where it meets the center console housing. There must be at least a couple bucks worth of change in nickles, dimes, and pennies. On certain days you can hear one or two of them rattling on a piece of metal in there. How the hell do I get them out!?

Forum: Well why don't you just put the coins in your left pocket?
Me: Too late for that now, plus that would be like asking me to sleep on the other side of the bed after 15 years of marriage.

Spork1569

I never understood HT braking, but I put in a spacer designed for that from Modbargains. Raises the accelerator flush with the brake pedal. My foot kept getting stuck hitting the side of the brake pedal, which is one thing I don't like about it. Also, coins fall out of my right pocket and ALWAYS manage to find their way into the gap at the base of the E-brake where it meets the center console housing. There must be at least a couple bucks worth of change in nickles, dimes, and pennies. On certain days you can hear one or two of them rattling on a piece of metal in there. How the hell do I get them out!?

Me: Too late for that now, plus that would be like asking me to sleep on the other side of the bed after 15 years of marriage.
There's 2 torx he'd screws on the back of the console that you take out and it let's you lift the back up enough to get it out.

If you feel like removing the whole console boom a shows how to do it in the short shift lever install.

Ha Ha Ha. Ain't that the truth.

4 x 108 is stupid, I don't want to swap wheels with a Pinto, give it 4x100 like EVERY OTHER CAR.
I hate skipping over Sirrius, wish I could delete that. In fact, why do I have to cycle through all selections, I just want to get directly to where I want without 20 presses.
The hatch cover pins that intrude into the cargo area. What genius thought that was a good idea? Put the pins on the cover, and put slots in the sides of the cargo area, duh!
The front sway bar is on top of the subframe. I know it was done for additional clearance, but it is a bitch to swap out.
Ford dealers. I would rather have my eyes removed with rusty spoons than deal with these morons. My dog knows more about cars.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
4 x 108 is stupid, I don't want to swap wheels with a Pinto, give it 4x100 like EVERY OTHER CAR.
I hate skipping over Sirrius, wish I could delete that. In fact, why do I have to cycle through all selections, I just want to get directly to where I want without 20 presses.
The hatch cover pins that intrude into the cargo area. What genius thought that was a good idea? Put the pins on the cover, and put slots in the sides of the cargo area, duh!
The front sway bar is on top of the subframe. I know it was done for additional clearance, but it is a bitch to swap out.
Ford dealers. I would rather have my eyes removed with rusty spoons than deal with these morons. My dog knows more about cars.
Don't hold back, tell us how you really feel. Lol

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

My car is brand new, I think I just hit 200 miles on it after getting it 3 days ago, and I don’t have any squeaks or rattles [yet]...but the car is what I thought it was going to be and what I wanted. I wanted/expected a fun engine, sporty ride that grabbed you by the collar and pulled you out of corners, 5-6 gears with 3 pedals, decent fuel economy when I wasn’t beating on it, Apple CarPlay with a few speakers, and something I could throw some cool parts on to make it mine, and that’s exactly what it is. A few years ago I was lusting over a 2000ish Mazda Miata (NB) and this is definitely the hatchback equivalent. Stripped down and light weight is exactly what I wanted. Can’t wait to do a little to the ride height and wheels 208A7F88-59F2-4C36-8182-5D24DDC59A6E.jpeg

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
No LSD, harsh ride, Manual, horrible sound system, symposer, limited rear view height, poor use of center console space (no usb there, only -in the- arm rest box, cubby, no boost gauge, etc.), no glove box light, visors don't slide, e-brake handle is very high, side view mirror knob location blows chunks, only one cargo light...on the SIDE...duh, rear view mirror isn't stiff enough-gets moved too easily going from dark to light, gas filler door doesn't lock, no option for 2 fewer doors, small radiator, oil filter is sideways and drips down when changing...DUH, cup holder accent light reflects in passenger window...grrr, center vents do not adjust toward the center and not high enough, windshield washer is by pushing in on the stalk...seriously? (I keep pulling like my fordza 5 microvan), no rain-sensing wiper option, recaro is the only way to get factory heated side mirrors, no BLIS, no sensors whatsoever, is that enough?

BUT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Also, coins fall out of my right pocket and ALWAYS manage to find their way into the gap at the base of the E-brake where it meets the center console housing. There must be at least a couple bucks worth of change in nickles, dimes, and pennies. .
Go get a SMALL eyeglass case (for folding eyeglasses) and put your change in that...put that in the worthless cubby or next to the cig lighter. Fantastic at drive-throughs glasses.PNG

Go get a SMALL eyeglass case (for folding eyeglasses) and put your change in that...put that in the worthless cubby or next to the cig lighter. Fantastic at drive-throughs View attachment 22884

Your missing the point, I think. I already have a place for the coins in my car. I put them in tray below the gear shifter. The tray that has the 12V charger plug. I put change there that I get from drive thru's and whatnot. I don't take change out of my pocket when I actually get into the car. Who does that? I wear loose basketball style pants (football coaching) almost every day. It's those shorts that I lose change out of. Jeans are not a problem.

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
I don't take change out of my pocket when I actually get into the car. Who does that? I wear loose basketball style pants (football coaching) almost every day. It's those shorts that I lose change out of. Jeans are not a problem.
Who takes change out of a pocket when getting IN the car? Well, I do....lol. Why? I'm smarter than my shorts/pants and car combined. It's easier to get change from the case than under the seats or any cubby. However, I have the ST Racing seat gap fillers, so nothing drops in there. I haven't had a need to get the brake gap filler yet. I keep the charging jack area clean.

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
No LSD, harsh ride, Manual, horrible sound system, symposer, limited rear view height, poor use of center console space (no usb there, only arm rest box, cubby, no boost gauge, etc.), no glove box light, visors don't slide, e-brake handle is very high, side view mirror knob location blows chunks, only one cargo light...on the SIDE...duh, rear view mirror isn't stiff enough-gets moved too easily going from dark to light, gas filler door doesn't lock, no option for 2 fewer doors, small radiator, oil filter is sideways and drips down when changing...DUH, cup holder accent light reflects in passenger window...grrr, center vents do not adjust toward the center and not high enough, windshield washer is by pushing in on the stalk...seriously? (I keep pulling like my fordza 5 microvan), no rain-sensing wiper option, recaro is the only way to get factory heated side mirrors, no BLIS, no sensors whatsoever, is that enough?

BUT I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!
Ah two usb hubs right under the arm rest cover in your center console cubby lol, it even has convenient notch to run cables through so you can close the arm rest cover.
Just saying lol
It’s based off a fricken economy car you guys act like its supposed to be some kind of luxo ride. Lol
Seriously its got power windows! You’re lucky.

Last edited:

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I am just so surprised that this car has so many faults according to the members here.
However, I am also sure that almost no one got the FiST for free.

The old saying is true.
Most would complain if they were hanged with a new rope.