Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Possible Heatsoak Issue/Electrical. Lower boost levels

Had an issue with my car when going into boost the first few pulls will feel great (peak 28psi and hold 25-26 psi until redline) and then after the motor gets to normal temps (185-192 oil and coolant temps) it seems to fall on it's face if I do a pull. Not sure if anyone else has had then issue I'm on a Garrett gen 2 2860r, Fbo, and protuned 91 pump gas. Had someone else with a similar issue but if anyone else with a bigger turbo can chime in. I did have a few electrical issues with battery monitor and caked terminals (U1007 code) and fixed the issue but the lower boost levels seem to stick around.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
All boost hoses tight? Factory boost hoses or aftermarket like from whoosh? the Factory hoses get soft and very pliable over time and become impregnated with oil fro the blow by also.....[nono]

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
I'd post some logs on datazap (if you have an accessport) of one of your good pulls when cold and one of the lame pulls when hot so they can be compared.

OP
C
Thread Starter #6
I have a Mishimoto Jline, all boost hoses are secure and been checked over multiple times. Charge temps aren't too far off from ambient, and my good pulls are when the car hits 170 degrees (as tuner stated is warmed up) and does good for about 1-2 pulls and then falls on face at the slightly higher normal temps. Temps outside will be decent 70-75 degrees and it will still happen.

OP
C
Thread Starter #7
Also car seems to feel sluggish. Like if I was towing something. And takes a bit more throttle imput to get some spool. If I can't figure it out I would imagine maybe it's just a tune issue? Happened after a day of putting a higher ethanol mix as sometimes I do go to 76 gas station and their 91 pump gas is not that great so I compensate with a small bit of ethanol.

V_2

Have you recorded any logs? You're going to need some data so you know where to start looking.

OP
C
Thread Starter #10
Gen 2 2860r, Cobb intake, mishimoto j line, catless dp to 3" catback, mishimoto oil catch can, veeport bov, and that's it. Yes I have recorded 3 logs back to back and will be looking over them. Sent them to my tuner but no reply yet.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Gen 2 2860r, Cobb intake, mishimoto j line, catless dp to 3" catback, mishimoto oil catch can, veeport bov, and that's it. Yes I have recorded 3 logs back to back and will be looking over them. Sent them to my tuner but no reply yet.
Who is your Tuner? Just curious....if you don't wanna call them out....feel free to PM me the answer.[thumb]

OP
C
Thread Starter #12
Who is your Tuner? Just curious....if you don't wanna call them out....feel free to PM me the answer.[thumb]
Update! So I found some useful information to the issue that I've had. I've noticed within certain temperature the car would lower boost like I stated before. All temps seem normal except 1 which is the Intake air temps which are very high, in fact 40 °F higher even on consistent highway cruising. It doesn't go below 30 °F and this was never an issue before. Faulty maf sensor?