Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Motor Oil and Filter Recommendation

So my first oil change is coming up and not really sure what to put in the car. Right now there a pretty good deal on pennzoil ultra platinum, figured it high quality oil. However I wonder about the oil filter should put on an OEM or like a pennzoil ultra or any other higher grade filter I can find.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Please....please....do not start another oil thread for the love of god. If you are a fan of any oil use whatever you prefer...same with filter everyone has there preference. The better the filter media the better percentage it filters out contaminants. I use Mobil 1 filter and whatever synthetic oil I have in the correct weight in my garage mostly Mobil 1 or Castrol. Trust me I have tons in my garage...its like the Exxon Valdez...minus the huge oil spill.[wrenchin]

Quisp

1000 Post Club
Please....please....do not start another oil thread for the love of god. If you are a fan of any oil use whatever you prefer...same with filter everyone has there preference. The better the filter media the better percentage it filters out contaminants. I use Mobil 1 filter and whatever synthetic oil I have in the correct weight in my garage mostly Mobil 1 or Castrol. Trust me I have tons in my garage...its like the Exxon Valdez...minus the huge oil spill.[wrenchin]

I have it on good authority that big Ern used Wolfshead 10-30 in the Caddy.

Canadian? 5w20 (summer) or 0w20 (winter) fully synthetic oil. Pick a brand. If you don’t drive much stick to the 5w20. I would put in Castrol Edge EP personally but it really doesn’t matter.

Check this site for various threads on oils. Some go into detail about low carbon build up. Everyone has a preference.

I use amsoil signature series 5w20 with Ford oem filter. The penzoil you mentioned is best of the rest for preventing carbon buildup on the intake valves and is 1/2 the price of amsoil.

Hey, I am the same guy like you. I bought a new Motor Cycle a few weeks ago. Though I am totally new and don't have a better idea which oil to use. Can you please let me know about this? I searched on the internet and found a few sources https://motorcyclehelmetcenter.net/best-motorcycle-oil/ They are available in the market. But my question is how safe they are? Can I try for them?

Thanks for your reply in advance.

FiSTerMr

1000 Post Club
5W30 Penzoil Platinum (NOT Ultra) and oem filter. Summer and winter.
Engine is quiet and smooth.

I specifically went non-ultra , the regular platinum has a newer formula with different additives more beneficial to DI engines. Oh, and it's cheaper and way easier to find locally!

Read the oil mega thread, that should give you some idea.