Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by vixenlotus View Post
    I have the DD Luxeons on my car and I think they are just OK. They may be a bit better than the stock ones but in the real world I am not noticing a big difference. The reason I got them is because a rock went through one of my stock fog lights and thought it was a good time to "upgrade". I was expecting to be blown away when I installed them .... I was not. If I was doing this again I would look for something else.
    This has been my thoughts as well. Happy with fit and finish of them but really they haven't blown me away. I'm going to try to adjust them soon and maybe I'll see an improvement.

Mod bargains has a good review of them and there's a photo showing before and after...can't pull it up on my phone right now but mine were nowhere near as bright
    2014 Molten Orange
    Pwnall IC, Dizzy 93/E30 V2 tune, Injen Intake
    Boomba Recirculating BPV, Sparco Pro Corsa+Indy 500

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

As they should be the same light assembly as the Luxeons I got the Morimoto XB LED projector fog variants and I think they're amazing. You can't tell me the stock fogs are as good as these. Giving the stock fogs credit where its due they're pretty wide, but these distribute light alot better and puts it in actual usable spots, not useless areas.

I feel most on here who are not liking them haven't aimed them properly.

Ford Master Tech.
    2017 Fiesta ST Platinum White Tri-Coat
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

New Member 11 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    MA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you aim them? they just bolt in to the spots the old ones do?

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by vixenlotus View Post
    How do you aim them? they just bolt in to the spots the old ones do?
    Yeah, literally plug n play. Well, 99.9% plug n play. They send the plastic plugs separate in the box so theres the wires with the prongs on the end of the light assembly, you just have to put the wires in the plug then plug them into the factory harness. Mounting wise is identical to factory and no modification needed. There is a 7mm plastic nut, which I believe you can also use a philips screwdriver on, to adjust the height of the lights.

You can see the grey 7mm plastic nut with the philips insert in it. Thats the height adjuster. On the bottom left

Ford Master Tech.
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

Member 39 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points
    State
    CO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TDavis View Post
    Yeah, literally plug n play. Well, 99.9% plug n play. They send the plastic plugs separate in the box so theres the wires with the prongs on the end of the light assembly, you just have to put the wires in the plug then plug them into the factory harness. Mounting wise is identical to factory and no modification needed. There is a 7mm plastic nut, which I believe you can also use a philips screwdriver on, to adjust the height of the lights.

You can see the grey 7mm plastic nut with the philips insert in it. Thats the height adjuster. On the bottom left

nobody is answering the question on the diode dynamics is it clockwise or counterclockwise to go up and down?????

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As they should be the same light assembly as the Luxeons I got the Morimoto XB LED projector fog variants and I think they're amazing. You can't tell me the stock fogs are as good as these. Giving the stock fogs credit where its due they're pretty wide, but these distribute light alot better and puts it in actual usable spots, not useless areas.

Ugh Mine look nothing like that! Jealous! Currently in LA for work but when I get back home I"m going to try to adjust the aim on mine.
    2014 Molten Orange

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    State
    MO
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CSM View Post
    Ugh Mine look nothing like that! Jealous! Currently in LA for work but when I get back home I"m going to try to adjust the aim on mine.
    Let us know how it goes. If I remember correctly the Luxeon and the Morimotos are the same exact thing, just different branding. If they're actually different then I think the difference is very minimal.
    Ford Master Tech.
    2012 Ducati Monster 796
    2000 Grand Am SC/T

Senior Member 299 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let us know how it goes. If I remember correctly the Luxeon and the Morimotos are the same exact thing, just different branding. If they're actually different then I think the difference is very minimal.
    Pretty sure Morimoto moved on to an updated design while DD still has the original...
    '17 Magnetic, black wheels/red calipers only option - New Feb, '18. Dizzy V2 e30 with Cobb TC at 3 as daily smooth tune, Stratified v4.00 93 octane with Stratified Optimal TC when e85 not available. Torque Solutions 75a RMM, TB Performance Traction Bar, Mojo Mfg short shift kit, drop-in filter w/cold air shroud cutout. Whoosh silicone Symposer delete and hotside J pipe, 18" Magnaflow glasspack muffler with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, Powerflex passenger side Street engine mount insert with ARP bolt upgrade, step colder NGK plugs gapped at .0275. *Driver side/trans mount insert, TS VR2 EM plumb back DV and Whoosh crossover with turbo inlet installed soon.

FYI - 92 octane e10 pump premium is very close to if not actually 93 octane, start with a 93 tune and datalog from there or you're leaving free power on the table running 91 tunes.

Member #
    Medals
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Took 15 min tonight and adjusted the aim on my DD Luxeons. They were angled down pretty bad. They are finally much better than what they were before. Still need to play with them to get it to the level TDavis is at.

Also interesting enough...they must have switched design of the housings at some point. My adjuster is not a 7mm nut but instead it is a phillips head that is located on the bottom of the assembly, so you have to point the head upwards to adjust. Clockwise aims lights up. Either the design has changed at some point or the Morimotos are not the same as DD Luxeons.

I'll try to snap a photo later tonight
    2014 Molten Orange

Member #
    Medals
    State
    GA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!

Better but still not where TDavis is. I'm thinking the Morimoto fogs are higher output. They seem a lot brighter than my DD Luxeons based on photos
    2014 Molten Orange

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast