Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Had some time to start mic'ing up my car for beeewwwwst sounds [quick vid inside]

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I said I'd do it at some point - I had a little time recently so I've been placing lav mics around my car to record audio from different sources. When making car videos it's nice to be able to mix exhaust/intake/etc., so I've been experimenting with mic placement. This morning on the way home I mic'd the front cowl - sounds nuts other than the injector clacking :p

Here's the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWLjMQW9D4s

audio technica lavalier mic into a zoom multichannel recorder, mixed together in premiere. I know my windshield is dirty inside and my gopro is old; I just use it as a dashcam. I didn't want to mess with the giant SLR mount just for a sound video hah

I want to eventually mic the middle of the dash by the volume knob, the intake tract, and then gaffer tape a mic to the rear hatch about 12" from the tailpipe so I can get some really sexy audio mixes. If anyone has an interesting or novel idea for a mic location reply below.

And before anyone comments on it - I *was* rolling on and off the gas, I wanted to make sure that it wasn't clipping at all, overwhelming the mic diaphragm or the recorder.