Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Washed my key fob
3 Likes

Member 131 Rep Points Zormecteon's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    WA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    First time I ran mine thru the wash I had no issues. The second time tho, while it still functioned the batteries would only last two weeks. I got a replacement made so that I have two, but the last time I checked the original, still only two weeks per battery.
    mountune mods;... Mp215, High Flow Induction Hose,Complete Intercooler Upgrade,Silicone Coolant Hoses, Quick Shift Kit, Spring Set, Rear Motor Mount, Front Shock Tower Brace and a Mishimoto Trunk Brace.

Senior Member 136 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The key fob is pretty water resistant and has seals for it. I've actually swam with mine on me in the ocean no problem a couple times because I didn't trust leaving it lying on the beach. Didn't have to take it apart as it worked fine afterwards and when I later opened it the first time just to make sure, the insides were completely dry so burrowing it in rice was unnecessary.

If yours did get wet on the inside because of a bad seal or whatever, burrrowing it in rice can help if it is dried and done right away and then left sitting in there for a couple days. This worked for me on my cellfone twice after getting my cellfone soaking wet on a ride at 6 flags as well as at a mexican wedding where I was dunked with the groom into a deep pool with my cell on me not knowing that this is typical procedure at weddings in Mexico with pools in the vicinity.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

Member 92 Rep Points
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Just got back from two weeks on the road, so it had plenty of time to dry out while I was gone, and was disassembled by my wife and in a rice bag. Stuck a new battery in and it works. Whew. Never left the key in my pocket before but snuck in a track day right before I had to pack and prep a rig for a two week trip so lots on my mind at the time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12