Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Questions/Input on this Fiesta ST

Hello all,

The mileage, carfax and price are all good, but this car has several modifications. Any input from anyone on this would be helpful. At least has a FMIC, intake, and some kinda exhaust work. modifications are certainly not a deal breaker, but just looking for input.

Link to the car:

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/3FADP4GX9EM194917

Thanks!

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hard pass.

Ignoring the modifications for a minute, the front bumper looks like it was resprayed very poorly. The front bumper/hood transition is not aligned properly so the gap is significantly larger on the passenger side than the driver side. The hood also looks like it may have been slightly tweaked. This thing was in some sort of front end collision or the previous owner put no effort into getting the front bumper back on after installing the intercooler.

If the previous owner put that little effort into the installation of aftermarket parts, he probably treated the car poorly.

As far as the modifications go, it looks like the intake may be a 2JR which means it is loud! The exhaust is likely also very loud and if the car is tuned, with no access-port included, you will not be able to flash back to stock. I would walk away from this one and look for a lower mileage, unmolested example for $1K or so more.

OP
A
Thread Starter #3
Hard pass.

Ignoring the modifications for a minute, the front bumper looks like it was resprayed very poorly. The front bumper/hood transition is not aligned properly so the gap is significantly larger on the passenger side than the driver side. The hood also looks like it may have been slightly tweaked. This thing was in some sort of front end collision or the previous owner put no effort into getting the front bumper back on after installing the intercooler.

If the previous owner put that little effort into the installation of aftermarket parts, he probably treated the car poorly.

As far as the modifications go, it looks like the intake may be a 2JR which means it is loud! The exhaust is likely also very loud and if the car is tuned, with no access-port included, you will not be able to flash back to stock. I would walk away from this one and look for a lower mileage, unmolested example for $1K or so more.
Awesome, and exactly what I was thinking. The hood/bumper certainly looked off, I will keep my search going! Appreciate it!

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Just did a quick search, not entirely sure what you are looking for..

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/3FADP4GX7GM118874

Find out how long it has been listed. If it's greater than 30 days, test drive it and offer them $13.5K. Walk out if they refuse but make sure they take your phone number. I bet it's yours in less than 2 weeks. These cars aren't selling.

OP
A
Thread Starter #5
Just did a quick search, not entirely sure what you are looking for..

https://www.carfax.com/vehicle/3FADP4GX7GM118874

Find out how long it has been listed. If it's greater than 30 days, test drive it and offer them $13.5K. Walk out if they refuse but make sure they take your phone number. I bet it's yours in less than 2 weeks. These cars aren't selling.
Good Find.....I actually contacted that dealership over the holiday weekend and offered them $15k OTD. They recently told me they would take it.....unless I find something crazy when I inspect the car I plan to buy this one. Kona blue is awesome color too!

that orange one just happened to be on the way and that was the reason for the post. Good input though and thanks again

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Good Find.....I actually contacted that dealership over the holiday weekend and offered them $15k OTD. They recently told me they would take it.....unless I find something crazy when I inspect the car I plan to buy this one. Kona blue is awesome color too!

that orange one just happened to be on the way and that was the reason for the post. Good input though and thanks again
Sounds like a solid deal - good luck!

OP
A
Thread Starter #8
I wish you would just buy my car, despite the color haha!
Sorry man. It’s the only color I absolutely don’t want. I have a shadow black RS certainly don’t want two shadow blacks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jerickson88

Sorry man. It’s the only color I absolutely don’t want. I have a shadow black RS certainly don’t want two shadow blacks!

I’d drive it to you. I get it. There was a white one at the dealership but it was out of my price range.

I would have wanted any other color to be honest.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
Do you trust a team of engineers and the Ford assembly plant team torquing everything to specification, or a single backyard engineer who probably doesn't even own or regularly use a torque wrench?

I would never intentionally purchase any "modified" vehicle. That is an instant disqualification for me. The overwhelming majority of changes complicate maintenance and repair, negatively impact reliability.

I purchased a vehicle where they replaced the stereo head-unit. when that POS bit the dust, I went to replace it and discovered that the modified the vehicle to the POS radio, instead of modifying the cheap POS KOSS radio to the vehicle. The wiring was a bunch of poorly wrapped twisties; not single soldering joint anywhere. So that killed more than a few hours generating a custom chart to match up the colors and functions, testing and confirming those functions, soldering in a replacement harness.

OP
A
Thread Starter #11
I do agree with you to a point, but also how many of these cars are “stock” but were modified at one point? A tremendous amount I’m sure. Therefore going off the current condition can be relatively pointless. I traded in an STi years ago that was “stock” at the time of the trade, but was heavily modified for years before that.

Depends on the modifications if it is an automatic deal breaker for me. In this case I need a relatively cheap (used) DD, that gets decent MPG’s but is still moderately fun to drive.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
It's a type of vehicle that attracts more of the "tuner" crowd. In addition, the types of people who leave them stock are also the type to hang on to them longer. Result is that the used market will have a significant percentage of altered vehicles.

A log of the changes made, especially when one isn't familiar with the vehicle in stock form, aren't necessarily obvious; but may be discovered down the road while maintenance is being performed. Even something as seemingly benign as wheels, lug nuts and a radio, if not done properly, can have unforeseen, and potentially catastrophic consequences. I was just posting in a thread a couple of weeks about someone potentially using 85 ft-lb spec lug nuts. Look nice, but well under-spec.