Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Who's Got a Crossover Pipe and can Datalog?

XanRules

I'm going to heat-wrap my crossover pipe before I install it. It's going to be a huge pain in the ass to do that and I'd rather not do it twice, but I do want to data log to see how it helps IATs and Charge Temps. Anyone happen to have a stock turbo car with a crossover pipe who would be willing to datalog alongside mine so we could compare temps under identical weather conditions? [wave]

redmoe

I won’t do anything for IAT as the sensor is before the crossover pipe. The best bet for a more accurate comparison it to run it on you car in both configurations. The install is not too bad.

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Thread Starter #3
I won’t do anything for IAT as the sensor is before the crossover pipe. The best bet for a more accurate comparison it to run it on you car in both configurations. The install is not too bad.
Gotcha, charge temps it is, then. I'll see how much I want to dick around with the install but given how much trouble I had with the simple and easy catch can due to my dumb gorilla hands I'm skeptical. ;)

Still, it's important to me to get the data.

EDIT: 300th post! Even numbers crew!

OP
XanRules

XanRules

Thread Starter #4
Yeah that install was fuckin' ass and I am not doing it again, especially after all the work I did getting that blanket on the crossover pipe. I've found a guy locally via FB with similar mods as me but no heat-wrapped intake. I will say that I don't have numbers to compare it to, but Charge Temps under load are noticeably reduced versus even the stock setup.