Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

American FiST and the European one

Hi there!
Since the very first time I read this Wonderful Forum, I've noticed that there are many things look different between American FiST and European one.
We have only 3 doors available, and the engine has 185 Hp….
Something changes in the external look and in the interior one...we have only one tire size with 17 rims (205/40/17), so we can't get a 215 or a 225 size because it's not legal..[sad]….What do You think about this? [:)]

My understanding of tire size is that it depends on countries in Europe, no?

Anyway, stop complaining, you got the MK8 and we'll never get it apparently.[:(!]

As for the power, I think it's that Ford cannot include the overboost function in their marketing, which makes it go to 197HP. You still have that overboost though, so our cars are effectively the same (180HP without overboost, 197HP with).

And you have the ST200, which is basically the MP215 package from factory and a shorter final drive.

I prefer 5 doors, but each his preference.

SST

i am new to Fiesta platform as well, so ours is MK7? (mine is a 2014) which exactly one is mk6? i was browsing some UK site for suspension, and their 2014 seems to be MK6

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hi there!
Since the very first time I read this Wonderful Forum, I've noticed that there are many things look different between American FiST and European one.
We have only 3 doors available, and the engine has 185 Hp….
Something changes in the external look and in the interior one...we have only one tire size with 17 rims (205/40/17), so we can't get a 215 or a 225 size because it's not legal..[sad]….What do You think about this? [:)]
That is just pure B.S. that you cant have different tire sizes. Don't listen to that Silly Canadian.. next time just say "Hey there guy why dontcha take yer Touk and go chase some moose eh! ...You're lucky though to have the Two door available!

OP
TheSixtyFive
Thread Starter #6
That is just pure B.S. that you cant have different tire sizes. Don't listen to that Silly Canadian.. next time just say "Hey there guy why dontcha take yer Touk and go chase some moose eh! ...You're lucky though to have the Two door available!
[thumb] [hihi]...Yep!...I think to be very lucky to have the 2 doors FiST (In EU a 2 doors is called 3, and a 4 doors is called 5, because the tailgate of the trunk is considered a door….[scratch]...even if I've never seen a man getting out from the trunk...not even if he was..drunk [hihi] [goofydrunk] )

Last edited: