Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

215/40R17 lowered fitment

I thought I'd throw a small thread together since I spent several days searching the internet for the specs I was looking to run. This is my car with 17x7 +42 Sparco Assetto Gara's with 215/40 Nitto Neogen tires, and H&R sport springs. I'm extremely happy with how the car looks parked and the improved ride quality was a pleasant bonus. The new tires dont rub anywhere except the drivers side front inner fender liner. There is not enough contact to cause any real problem. I would NOT recommend getting tires any larger than this size. I hope this thread helps somebody out. It certainly would have helped me.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Jerickson88

That’s the size I run on stock suspension and stock wheels. Car should have come with this size from the factory.

OP
D3R3K
Thread Starter #3
I agree. Unfortunately tire selection is limited in this size

Jerickson88

I agree. Unfortunately tire selection is limited in this size

Dunno, doesn’t seem too bad. I mean if Ford Reached out to a manufacturer and stated they needed a tire in 215/40-17, and it was a contract for 1.5 million units maybe it would be done.

OP
D3R3K
Thread Starter #5
I speaking specifically to performance tires of course but it doesn't bother me to run these as "daily" wheels with more street oriented tires. I'm buying a set of 15s to put aggressive meats on[emoji106]

Jerickson88

I speaking specifically to performance tires of course but it doesn't bother me to run these as "daily" wheels with more street oriented tires. I'm buying a set of 15s to put aggressive meats on[emoji106]

Oh yeah, I mean for daily tires they have everything I need. I rip thru gears from time to time but I don’t drive like Block on the street either. That’s why I hear some guys streeting Rcomps and I just don’t get it.