Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Member 249 Rep Points Clit_Beastwood's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

New higher quality audio and video (with crackles and whooshy sounds!)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Went to my buddy's place and we mic'd up my car, I monitored while he drove around. We took it pretty easy, just some toodling around his neighborhood while I was figuring out audio levels. I had an audio technical lav mic in the cowl area and a zoom audio recorder with a deadcat suctioned onto the rear hatch with RAM mounts and a shock insulated 1/4" screw mount.

https://youtu.be/DR7h7tjNTc4

I had to pull audio levels down a bit for the exhaust so it didn't overpower the intake - I think it sounds pretty neat, though I still believe I need to shorten my quarter wave resonator by about 1/2" to cancel the "sweet spot". I want to eventually design and build a real helmholtz chamber to cover a larger spread but I haven't had time.

2017 Fiesta ST
    Injen short ram intake
    Turbosmart em diverter
    3" custom cat-back exhaust, t304 stainless, front vibrant bottle resonator rear vibrant ultra quiet and a custom made quarter wave resonator
    Stratified OTS flash tune with crackles

The slightly boomy exhaust, honestly, goes away when I remove the vibrant ultra quiet, the cancellation of the high frequencies by the UQ emphasizes the booming in the 3200-3400 rpm range. Also of note, if I remove the UQ the crackes from the strat tune are absurd and I hate them, the quarter wave resonator soaks up a lot of the popping but adding the ultra quiet gives what I personally think is the perfect amount.

Comments or questions will be addressed :)

PS those big hangar things are blimp hangars in Tustin, pretty sweet - they're so big inside they form their own weather patterns (winds, condensation, etc.).

One of these days I'll have to go for a spirited drive up in Angeles Crest or something and put out a "pure sound" video, though I really need to stop being a cheap bastage and buy a new Gopro, this one is almost 10 years old I think :) (gotta say, old school gopros were really durable - new ones... not as much)

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Sweet video. Might have to add a ultra quiet resonator on mine to get rid of some of the drone my exhaust makes.

Sent from my 2PYB2 using Tapatalk