Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clearcoat spider cracks on rims?

DAPR

Thanks for the response everyone. Good thing I turned down the wheels. They did look terrible and I’d rather keep the curbed ones.
You can refinish curbed wheels fairly easy, sand down and fill with a light skim of Bondo or JB Weld. Next repaint!

OP
Arcthum
Thread Starter #23
You can refinish curbed wheels fairly easy, sand down and fill with a light skim of Bondo or JB Weld. Next repaint!
Ah, trust me. I might need some professional fixing with my wheels. Curbed them doing 75+ kmh. I fell asleep while heading home from my other job. Will not do that again, I can tell you that. The miraculous thing is that not even the side skirts nor the front bumper was affected

DAPR

Ah, trust me. I might need some professional fixing with my wheels. Curbed them doing 75+ kmh. I fell asleep while heading home from my other job. Will not do that again, I can tell you that. The miraculous thing is that not even the side skirts nor the front bumper was affected
Yes please make sure you don't drive drowsy it's super dangerous! Glad you are OK.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
On that subject, here's an interesting case...
https://www.dragzine.com/news/street-outlaws-jj-daboss-recovering-after-violent-highway-accident/
Probably not the first time that dude drove like that, but was nearly was the last. Totaled three vehicles and probably the trailer in the crash. Open trailers like that, though expensive, aren't much to them. So that might not have been totaled.

Personally, I used to use "tricks" like rolling down all the windows (25F outside) and cranking up the music (600W RMS). I'd also periodically, still staring down the road, would move my head all around, in effect moving my eyeball around without loosing sight of the road. It's that unyielding thousand yard stare that can unwittingly turn into the 0.005mm stare. So I made it a point to recognize that "droning" gaze. Moving the eyeballs about helps stave that off. (note the word, "stave") There's been a couple of times I've just took an exit to the next fuel station to nap.