Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Another speaker question

I've got about 750 miles on on my (new to me) 2016 ST... I love it. The stereo though sounds awful. It's unbearable that damn tweeter right at my ear. Seriously I can't stand it. Sync 3, I quite like the functionality. But the sound is so bad, harsh and fatiguing... Can't turn it up at all.
Question, has anyone disconnected the tweeter and simply installed a drop in coaxial two way in the door and left it at that? Looking for reccomendationts, just to make it bearable and pleasant to listen to.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Adjust the EQ. Turn the mid range down if not completely down. Turn the bass up, and try playing with the treble. The mid range definitely needs to be turned down in my opinion. I don't see why you couldn't just unplug the tweeter. Is it a bad system absolutely should they have ever installed tweeters nope.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Yeah Ive done that. Treble is nearly all the way down, makes it slightly less offensive, then sounds muddled and shitty. Still shitty. Just more bearable.
Wondering if anyone's put a coaxial in there and can reccomend a speaker

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes. Play with the EQ, and also the balance and fade. It will never sound awesome, but it can sound a lot better.

I have the balance on right side passenger, and the fade mostly to the back. When I have a passenger, I balance it to the center.

I have the bass up, the treble a little up, and the midrange well below the middle. That's for crankin' the jams.

When I want to listen to AM for traffic/weather, news, sports, etc., I like everything closer to the middle and easy to hear. That's when you want to lower the bass and treble, and raise the mid-range. Either EQ it again, or just adjust the volume. If the FiST has programmable preset EQs, that would be news to me.