Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Thread: ST trip odometer
2 Likes

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    FL
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ST trip odometer

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    I'm in the long habit of using the trip odometer for oil changes but the ST seems to roll back to zero at some predetermined number. This is twice now it's happened, the first time I convinced myself I must have reset it by accident. Does anyone know what this reset number is? Thanks

Staff Team Staff Team 1406 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner D1JL's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Not much info on this.
    However, others have complained of the same thing at around 2000-2500 miles on different model cars and trucks.
    Ford's response is that the problem is non-existent.

I guess the only thing that can be done, would be if more people on this forum run tests.
    Maybe we can then see if the problem affects others.

Dave
    Modifying cars is a sickness.....and I have it.

Click The Links Below to See what I Have Done.

Senior Member 987 Rep Points TyphoonFiST's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points
    State
    MN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by D1JL View Post
    Not much info on this.
    However, others have complained of the same thing at around 2000-2500 miles on different model cars and trucks.
    Ford's response is that the problem is non-existent.

I guess the only thing that can be done, would be if more people on this forum run tests.
    Maybe we can then see if the problem affects others.

Dave
    I will verify that it resets around 2500 miles on my 15' as I was hoping to use it on my Florida Keys trip for a total mileage tracker.....Nope reset itself...I wasn't impressed.....did it on the way home also.
    Is this your bush? Are you king of the forest?

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    IN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TyphoonFiST View Post
    I will verify that it resets around 2500 miles on my 15' as I was hoping to use it on my Florida Keys trip for a total mileage tracker.....Nope reset itself...I wasn't impressed.....did it on the way home also.
    I had the same experience on a long trip. I think it reset @ about 2000.
    2017 Magnetic, everything but the Recaros. MP 215, mountune shift kit and shift knob, Husky floor liners. That's all I'm doing, I swear!.. OK, I lied. Also added an intake hose and symposer delete. But that really is all, I swear this time! Okay. just one other thing: A mountune RMM. Now I really am done, I promise!

New Member 12 Rep Points METZGER's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Australia
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Quote Originally Posted by rzracer View Post
    I'm in the long habit of using the trip odometer for oil changes but the ST seems to roll back to zero at some predetermined number. This is twice now it's happened, the first time I convinced myself I must have reset it by accident. Does anyone know what this reset number is? Thanks
    Haha yea I am glad to see someone else has experienced this too... I had same problem and I was like wtf.. a fully digital system and it can't let it go past a couple thousand... Pretty stupid IMO.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk