Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Krug Throws Parts at His Car: The Thread

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
I'm well aware of Fluid Film and Sta-Bil Rust Stopper. Good stuff - I've even sprayed it into the drain holes at the bottom of my doors/hood/hatch. You'll want to reapply it at least once a year for best results. My cars tend to stay mostly rust-free, but the girlfriend's car had a few Michigan winters and Michigan potholes before I came onto the scene, hence the carnage in the pic above.
Good stuff!! Toss some of it on the cars you want to keep!!

TDavis

1000 Post Club
Let us know how the install goes of the BravoAlpha intercooler once that times comes!

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Paint is paint... I'm more concerned about the mechanics of the engine and drive train than the paint / cosmetic issues. But that's just me. Sure, 'your' German car may look shiny but I sure as heck don't want to own one and drive it at the limits for fear of breaking something very expensive.

Hopefully Ford helps you out, if not, well maybe it's time for a custom wrap.

EDIT - Congratulations on the house - be aware, they're expensive! Make sure to have a solid emergency fund for those expenses you don't see coming (new roof, repair foundation crack etc).

EDIT 2 - I have paint issues too, when pressure washing the rear bumper the paint just ripped right off. That being said, I've had two 'accidents' where the rear quarter of the car was touched on both sides so I'm not sure if it's the body shop repaint or if it's OEM. Sounds like a different issue from what you're describing though - toss up some pictures of the bubbling as I'm keen to see what it looks like.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
More delays!

But it's good news. I'm buying a house.

After touring over 30 homes in less than a week, we've found one that checks all the boxes. Built in 1993, two stories and a partially finished basement, attached two car garage, back yard with a privacy fence and hot tub, nice quiet neighborhood etc etc. There's even a lake right down the street.

Now for bad news. My car has the closure edge rot that has affected other members. It's not breaking through the paint yet, but it's bad and will only get worse. EVERY closure on my vehicle has it to some extent, with the front doors and hood being the worst. I regularly wash and wipe down my car, including the inside faces of the doors, hatch, and hood, and this has happened all at once within a week or two.

This must be a surface prep or material issue, because it's causing the paint to bubble and separate from within. The hood has bubbling on nearly the entire periphery, the rear of the doors have it to varying degrees, and the hatch has it as well on the bottom and sides. Of note on the hatch, the paint is actually split from the edge of the sealant strip under the paint, as if a razor was run along that edge. It's so odd.

I'm incredibly disappointed. I took it to the dealer and the bodyshop guy was rather sympathetic. He took photos and remarked at how bad it was. But the decision to warranty it is up to Ford.

My car is less than a year and a half old and has under 10,000 miles. It's absolutely ridiculous for this issue to occur. If this is not corrected in a permanent and satisfactory manner, I will likely move on to another vehicle. I'm already considering swearing off Ford entirely.

Updates to follow.
They will remedy it....they will attempt to fix it. It is not a 100% fix either from what others have seen. Your lucky....I found mine at 37k Ford told me to beat feet. I left a scathing review about the dealer...oh man....the Gm was all over me like flies on fresh poop. But I played phone tag with him....talked to him once....went in even to show him. He wasn't there of course after i made an appt. To see him. So i said F u$k it....moved on and will bring it to a friend to fix with Por15 one day. Oh well this is the Only Ford I bought new....and most likely the last I'll buy new from ford.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

My driver side rear door, bottom rear corner of the window is bubbled and ready to burst. I blame Ford and Mexico. Now I can get in touch with my artistic side with a Dremel, sandpaper and rattle cans. Yee haw!

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Oh shit I have that 1st 2nd clunk on my 18 . I was always attributed it to noisy shift linkage inside the trans and perhaps not enough trans fluid from the factory. Ya had a plan to change out trans fluid soon. Just been busy with other things

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Oh shit I have that 1st 2nd clunk on my 18 . I was always attributed it to noisy shift linkage inside the trans and perhaps not enough trans fluid from the factory. Ya had a plan to change out trans fluid soon. Just been busy with other things
I have some clunks in my 18 as well. Particularly in early gears... I noticed it at like 4000 miles though, so it might be something different. Let me know if you get a fix.

Hypergram

1000 Post Club
Some badly needed good news, although it's not about the car - the inspection of the home I'm looking to buy went very well! The only concerns the inspector raised were that the tiled shower floor has a crack in the grout (there is a plastic tray underneath, so it's really just cosmetic and should be watched), the kitchen sink had the cold water line turned off, probably due to the faucet control being leaky (no big deal!), and the A/C unit is old (but functional and in good shape, so whatever!). My primary concern of the roof turned out to be unfounded - it was replaced about 7 years ago, or near the 20 year mark since the home was built. I should expect to get at least another decade out of it.

Things are looking up, at least in some ways. I hope this run of good luck continues on Monday, when I expect to hear from the dealership.
Happy to hear the good news!

Spork1569

Haven't had a lot of time due to preparing to move into my new home, but...

I'm not going to be a part of the FiST community for much longer. Whatever Ford's decision for warranty repair of the closure corrosion, I've no interest in continued ownership of this vehicle. A couple of weekends ago I returned the car to stock (besides the LSD and heated seats as they are not worth the trouble to remove). I've already sold all the aftermarket parts besides the Accessport and Hotchkis antisway bar, which I'll put up for sale on here eventually. It's been fun, and I may drop in from time to time, but this is it for me.
:( Sad to see another go. Thanks for all the contributions while you've been here.

What's the replacement car looking like it'll be?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Coolnezzz For Sale 7