Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

See the top rated post in this thread. Click here

User Tag List

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: Krug's 2018 STupid Fiesta
53 Likes

Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    No prob. I should give credit to koozy for (maybe) doing it first, though. I'm pretty sure he used the 02600 plug, going by the appearance. Just make sure you expand it a bit by tightening the nut before you slip it into the charge pipe, so that it will grip against the sides enough to allow you to expand it nice and tight instead of spinning freely. There's little to no danger of it falling into the charge pipe, as the large washer on top is just a bit too wide to slip in.

Senior Member 399 Rep Points danbfree's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Likes

Quote Originally Posted by Krug View Post
    Well, generally, working on my car is an exciting project and can usually be a "one and done" sort of deal. Even changing fluids or performing other maintenance is something that is done every few months at most. Refueling occurs often enough that the prospect of adding even a mild complication to the ordeal triggers that part of my lizard brain that would rather eat nachos and watch Netflix. And, as previously stated, when I'm gassing up I'm usually in pure lizard brain mode. That said, while it isn't high on my list of priorities, I may give it a shot down the line, so thanks for the enthusiasm!
    Hey, I get it, I was hesitant at first too but since I got an e30 tune for free when I got a regular 93 tune from Dizzy, I sat on it a while but eventually tried it just to see what the fuss was about... so that's why I just try to explain just HOW much better it is, it literally makes the car JUMP to life almost as much a turbo upgrade..... but then you feel it peter out up top again too but still. The difference is indeed amazing and for you guys with e85 available at the same station as premium AND self serve, I personally will never ever understand the logic or type of laziness to not take advantage of that, and I'm a lazy fuck! LOL. I don't know what can possibly be more exciting than literally an extra 2 minutes while fueling giving you an instant 20hp and 40 torque that completely changes the car. Working on the car otherwise is usually far from exciting and is a pain in the ass mostly, this is the *epitome* of instant gratification with our cars... I won't say a word more, you've heard everything I have to throw at you. Just like you can't get someone to flip their political party no matter how much logic you throw at them, at a certain point there is that utter disagreement on what is simply more important to YOU... Well work is busy as hell today, but I have vDyno charts at home between 93 and e30, I'll post one later... Thanks as always for the awesome discussion, love to chat it up with people not afraid to explain their feelings and logic when challenged, that is how we all grow and learn!
    '17 Magnetic - black wheels/red calipers - New Feb, '18.
    Tunes: Dizzy V2 e30/93 with Cobb TC at 3.
    Performance: Drop-in filter w/shroud cut, upgraded crossover and turbo inlet, symposer delete and hotside J pipe, TurboSmart VR2 electric recirc DV, 18" glasspack muffler swap with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, step colder plugs.
    Mounts/bracing: Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Powerflex Street engine upper side mount inserts, TB Performance Traction Bar
    Interior: Mojo Mfg short shift plate, Savanini ball shift knob, upholstered leather padded arm rest.
    Lighting: Techmax proper reflector LED low beams, DeAutoLED bright white reverse and trunk LED's
    Next Steps: Intercooler, induction hose, tint, Eibach springs, hybrid, seats

Senior Member 1309 Rep Points M-Sport fan's Avatar

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    PA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Krug View Post
    No prob. I should give credit to koozy for (maybe) doing it first, though. I'm pretty sure he used the 02600 plug, going by the appearance. Just make sure you expand it a bit by tightening the nut before you slip it into the charge pipe, so that it will grip against the sides enough to allow you to expand it nice and tight instead of spinning freely. There's little to no danger of it falling into the charge pipe, as the large washer on top is just a bit too wide to slip in.
    I even put a little blue Loctite on the threads of the expander just to be sure, and I also put one of those Sure Motorsports (Ron @ Whoosh now carries his own version of these!) silicone cover caps over the whole thing as well. ;)
    Magnetic 2016 Fiesta ST base model

Senior Member 399 Rep Points danbfree's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points
    State
    OR
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by M-Sport fan View Post
    I even put a little blue Loctite on the threads of the expander just to be sure, and I also put one of those Sure Motorsports (Ron @ Whoosh now carries his own version of these!) silicone cover caps over the whole thing as well. ;)
    Nice, I have that Whoosh silicone one as my only plug right now, for $3 I might add the Dorman 02600 as well since that silicone one alone doesn't look all that great as far as longevity and staying on for good...
    '17 Magnetic - black wheels/red calipers - New Feb, '18.
    Tunes: Dizzy V2 e30/93 with Cobb TC at 3.
    Performance: Drop-in filter w/shroud cut, upgraded crossover and turbo inlet, symposer delete and hotside J pipe, TurboSmart VR2 electric recirc DV, 18" glasspack muffler swap with 9" resonated DC Sports black tip, step colder plugs.
    Mounts/bracing: Torque Solutions 75a RMM, Powerflex Street engine upper side mount inserts, TB Performance Traction Bar
    Interior: Mojo Mfg short shift plate, Savanini ball shift knob, upholstered leather padded arm rest.
    Lighting: Techmax proper reflector LED low beams, DeAutoLED bright white reverse and trunk LED's
    Next Steps: Intercooler, induction hose, tint, Eibach springs, hybrid, seats

New Member 7 Rep Points KonaBlueFiST's Avatar
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2 Likes

This is sweet. I keep telling myself when I need a new clutch I will install a LSD at the same time. I have heard LSD really changes our cars!
    -KonaBlueFiST

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    MI
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Thanks! I'm looking forward to it. I've ordered the MFactory helical LSD this past weekend, and will order the install kit and other incidentals toward the end of the month. I should like to have the install completed by the end of April, but we shall see.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789