Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Fiesta startup

The car I purchased had no keys, so I have a locksmith coming over tomorrow to program them. Because he will charge me whether it works or not, I was hoping could someone could help me uniderstand what happens when you push the start button with no key in the car? Mine does nothing (but the radio works).

Thanks.

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Are you referring to the key inside the FOB or you have no FOB all together?

OP
B
Thread Starter #3
I have no programmed FOBs. I guess if someone could go into there car and leave the FOB elsewhere, that would simulate it.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Have you simply checked with your dealer, what is a locksmith going to do for you except make a manual key. Will cost you as much as ordering a fob I would think.You did not drive the car before buying it? Why no keys? Repossessed?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I don't think a locksmith can program a fob where as the dealer can and guarantee that they will work.
However, they are not cheap.

Dave

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I had a co worker lose the keys to his Jeep Grand Cherokee. The locksmith made new fobs for him as well as a new key. I don't know about the fiesta though.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #7
Because I can’t move the car and U-Haul is out of car carriers, the dealership was not an option this week. My local locksmith can do the same service (program 2 key fobs to a car with no fobs) and will come to my place and do it for the same price.

Just wanted to understand how the car should act so I can make sure things look good :)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
I just went out and checked. My car does absolutely nothing. I unlocked it then left the keys inside the house, went out to the driveway and got in it. Whether the door was closed or open, or I had the clutch in or out, pressing the Engine Start button did absolutely nothing different than if you simply opened the door. Idk how you got the radio to work. Nothing in my car would turn on.

If you're worried about knowing if the key program works, I guess if the car starts you'll know it worked lol.

OP
B
Thread Starter #9
Thanks so much Alex for checking! This is very helpful. Mine also does nothing, so I am glad that is the case. I will let you know how things go after the locksmith gets here.