Welcome to Fiesta ST Forum, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.
Register

User Tag List

Thread: Fiesta startup
0 Likes

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fiesta startup

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    The car I purchased had no keys, so I have a locksmith coming over tomorrow to program them. Because he will charge me whether it works or not, I was hoping could someone could help me uniderstand what happens when you push the start button with no key in the car? Mine does nothing (but the radio works).

Thanks.

Administrator Staff Team 705 Rep Points MKVIIST's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    AZ
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you referring to the key inside the FOB or you have no FOB all together?
    2014 Fiesta ST - Mountune Intake, Cobb Tune, 3M Clear Bra, 3M Window Tint, ESM Wheels, BC Coilovers, Bazooka Bass Tube, Rockford Fosgate Amp
    2016 Focus RS - Focus RS Build

Want a free FiestaSTForum decal? Click Here
    Follow Us On: Facebook - Twitter - Instagram - Google+ - Flickr

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have no programmed FOBs. I guess if someone could go into there car and leave the FOB elsewhere, that would simulate it.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    TN
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you simply checked with your dealer, what is a locksmith going to do for you except make a manual key. Will cost you as much as ordering a fob I would think.You did not drive the car before buying it? Why no keys? Repossessed?

2016 White Platinum, Moonroof.

Mountune MP215, Resonator delete, max legal tint, Sound Symposer delete, Yellow Lamin X fogs, Damond Motorsports OCC,Yellow Brake Calipers, Mountune Yellow shifter, Yellow ST tags.

Staff Team Staff Team 1406 Rep Points Fiesta ST of the Month Winner D1JL's Avatar
    Ratings | Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 2000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points Earned First 1500 Posts and 300 Rep Points Earned First 2000 Posts and 400 Rep Points Earned First 5000 Posts and 500 Rep Points
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

I don't think a locksmith can program a fob where as the dealer can and guarantee that they will work.
    However, they are not cheap.

Dave
    Modifying cars is a sickness.....and I have it.

Click The Links Below to See what I Have Done.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    NC
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had a co worker lose the keys to his Jeep Grand Cherokee. The locksmith made new fobs for him as well as a new key. I don't know about the fiesta though.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because I can’t move the car and U-Haul is out of car carriers, the dealership was not an option this week. My local locksmith can do the same service (program 2 key fobs to a car with no fobs) and will come to my place and do it for the same price.

Just wanted to understand how the car should act so I can make sure things look good :)

Senior Member 511 Rep Points
    0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals
    Earned First 100 Posts Earned First 500 Posts Earned First 1000 Posts Earned First 25 Rep Points Earned First 50 Rep Points Earned First 100 Rep Points Earned First 200 Rep Points
    State
    TX
    Country
    United States
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just went out and checked. My car does absolutely nothing. I unlocked it then left the keys inside the house, went out to the driveway and got in it. Whether the door was closed or open, or I had the clutch in or out, pressing the Engine Start button did absolutely nothing different than if you simply opened the door. Idk how you got the radio to work. Nothing in my car would turn on.

If you're worried about knowing if the key program works, I guess if the car starts you'll know it worked lol.

0%
    Rate Transaction

Member #
    Medals

Country
    Canada
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guest-only advertisement. Register or Log In now!
    Thanks so much Alex for checking! This is very helpful. Mine also does nothing, so I am glad that is the case. I will let you know how things go after the locksmith gets here.