Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Wrench light/CEL

Just wondering the best course of action here....here's long story short:

My wrench light came on and tried the reset step a million times with nothing working (I did not realize my Cobb AP was the problem for this, duh), but before I realized this I took it in because I thought they could just quickly reset it.....and they tried to reset but said they couldn't because of the tune, and also because of the tune it was throwing code P0035 (the BOV recirc crap). I said it wasn't throwing any codes and the CEL was not on. NO check engine light was on before I took it in and I had recently checked and it was not throwing a code, so whatever they did at the shop threw this P0035 code. So NOW I have the wrench light and CEL on!!!! I will throw my AP back on an get it back to stock tune and probably get the wrench light off, but what about the CEL? I have had the Turbosmart Kompact kit on this car for years now with no issue, it has that "block off plug" or whatever it's called...I highly doubt they unhooked this.

So questions are:

1.) Will flashing it back to stock tune get rid of the CEL? (I assume I'll be able to do the wrench light reset)
2.) If not, why would it be throwing this code now?
3.) Lastly, how do you reset the CEL? Seems like a simple question, but I searched on here/google and have found plenty on the wrench light but nothing on resetting the CEL (I assume on these cars it's more complicated than disconnecting the battery for 30min or whatever)

Anyway, thanks for any help :)

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
You can clear the CEL from your accessport. Reflashing the tune should also clear the wrench light.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
You can clear the CEL from your accessport. Reflashing the tune should also clear the wrench light.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Completely Re-setting your car with the stock tune and doing reset procedure will get rid of the wrench light if you have a tuned vehicle. It is the only way ive found that works and I have a 15' model ST.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

alexrex20

1000 Post Club
Maybe my tune has that shit disabled but my wrench light has never come on in 40k miles. I ain't complaining though. I don't need no stinking computers to remind me! Got my TPMS disabled too lol

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Maybe my tune has that shit disabled but my wrench light has never come on in 40k miles. I ain't complaining though. I don't need no stinking computers to remind me! Got my TPMS disabled too lol
Some people never encounter the light...others do...it is just a weird phenomenon I guess...[rockon]

LaserWhisperer

Did you also install the Turbosmart "CEL defender"?
Perhaps the resistor burnt up, or has a broken wire under the heat shrink after years of use?
If you have it installed, remove it and check the connections with a DVM

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you also install the Turbosmart "CEL defender"?
Perhaps the resistor burnt up, or has a broken wire under the heat shrink after years of use?
If you have it installed, remove it and check the connections with a DVM
Negative....that has been disabled by my tuner! Good thought though.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk