Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

SCCA H Street setup

Quick intro then questions

Any of you that do SCCA autocross on a national level have probably seen my BMW 1M that won B Street Pro-Solo nationally in 2017 and B Street Nationals in 2018.

My oldest is finally old enough to autocross and I'm building an H Street car for him. I need some help with the basic 'known good" setup for the car.

Wheels - 16x7? What offset and brand?
Spacers - more offset in the front or back or just leave it stock?
Tires - RE71? 205/45?
Alignment - ?
Sway bar - assuming rear bar? What kind?
Shocks- Koni yellow?
Cat back - ?

I have read the tire thread and a couple of more I found here but with nationals just finishing looking for the latest knowledge.

Thanks in advance!

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #3
Still figuring out the wrap. Wonder bread lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Re71r 205/50/16 16×7 rpf1. Yellows, rear bar, drop in filter. Lightest catback you can find. You know the drill.

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #7
tire rack has wheels for about 100 bucks that will work for the 1st set. Looks like the 16inch wheels with a 205/45 drop an inch off of the height of the car.

where do you guys source parts like the shocks, cat back and rear bar?

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #8
Just FYI, if you're worried about the speedometer and odometer calibration, I believe you can set a new rolling diameter using FORscan. Don't quote me on it, though.

Check out the vendor forums. Whoosh Motorsports (Ron) has a great selection of parts. Pierce Motorsports make just about any chassis brace you could want for the ST, if that is what you mean by rear bar.
thank you.

Rear sway bar (anti roll bar)

I will look in the vendor forum

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #9
SCCA stock class rules will allow for replacing one of the 2 sway bars. On a front wheel drive car the rear wold be the one to replace.

The brace would bump the car to an 'ST' class and I want this to be a street class car for my oldest child. less money and will work as a daily driver.

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #10
I got the car. The 2nd gear on stock wheels and tires looks to be about 55mph.

On 16 inch wheels with a little lower profile tire what are people seeing for the end of 2nd gear?

50?

I got the car. The 2nd gear on stock wheels and tires looks to be about 55mph.

On 16 inch wheels with a little lower profile tire what are people seeing for the end of 2nd gear?

50?
I hit 57 at the rev limiter on 45/16's

https://youtu.be/3ytBK1_WVtc

Not sure I'd go any lower than 45 though since that would be the stock equivalent.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Going to follow this thread as I've had thoughts of de-modding a little to run HS. The Fiesta seems to be a very competitive car in that class and I really like the low cost of mods allowed. 16x7" ET42 Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2's, 205/45-16 RE-71R, Bilstein B6/Koni Yellows, Eibach rear sway bar and you're pretty much set it seems. I would keep the AP, but just flash back to stock for events of course.

Is an intercooler allowed? I think no, but want to make sure.

I recommend it if you like a tossable style. No need if you want all out grip IMO.

Recommended running the heater on full blast during your run, and just aim the vents out the window. The heater core pulls a lot of heat from the coolant. In fact, this is the only way I can run my HS prepped car at Texas Summer events over 100*F.

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #18
I recommend it if you like a tossable style. No need if you want all out grip IMO.

Recommended running the heater on full blast during your run, and just aim the vents out the window. The heater core pulls a lot of heat from the coolant. In fact, this is the only way I can run my HS prepped car at Texas Summer events over 100*F.
Good to know

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Yeah, since an aftermarket radiator is also verboten in H/Street (which is ridiculous!). [mad]

OP
m3kerry
Thread Starter #20
Dont get me going on camber plates.......

I looked for a pic of the tires but I think my tire bill would be cut by a couple of sets on the 1m.

Last edited: