Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Larger turbo vs stock turbo at higher boost?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Not worth it....just go buy an accessport... use an OTS cobb tune or get a flash tune by Dizzy tuning or Stratified....end of story...you're in the performance game here....you have to pay to play or in the end you will pay more for trying to be Frugal.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

A Turbo Transformer is the only thing I can think of that adds about 2 psi of boost without the use of the AP
and doesn't throw any engine codes. That is one of the first mods i did thinking that would be enough.
That didn't last long before the bug bit and I wanted more.
It also cost $200 so you would be better off just saving up for an AP new or used and using the cobb tunes or getting a Dizzy/Stratified tune.

danbfree

3000 Post Club
In plain English, is there a cheap solution to increase boost by a bit?

And how much can the boost be increased on a totally stock ST, without the ECU triggering all kinds of error codes?
If I can just install some valve (spring or other mod) of a few tens of dollars, without a tune, and gain even +1PSI extra without a tune, it would be worth it (I hope).

I understand running higher pressure can destroy the Turbo.
I'm barely ever taking my car over 4k RPM anyway.
I just love the turbo kicking in, when I surpass the 2.5k RPM. And usually pull it to 3.5-4k RPM before shifting. Occasionally 4.5k RPM.
I don't see myself changing that.
Adding a few PSI of boost, will hopefully add to the acceleration effect around that RPM range.
If really all you want is is a little more boost you can go for a Flowmaster Delta Module but I agree that getting a used AP is the better way to go, and use a simple and safe included Stage 1 tune. It really unlocks natural torque of the engine and makes it more fun to drive.