Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Infotainment system, how to use it?

So, the infotainment system isn't working for me.
Maps don't appear at the screen at all,
I followed the procedures on https://www.fiestastforum.com/forum/threads/18025-Maps-option

And I have audio files that aren't supported by the Sync 3 system.
I have no line in, and the Sync system doesn't play it back from my phone.

Using Android Auto, I can also not play back music from my phone, on my car.

Am I missing something?

BTW, I have a cheaper Chinese phone, running Android 7.1.
The hardware specs (RAM/ROM/OS) are in every regard on par with a Samsung Galaxy S6 or S7; except, it's not a Samsung, nor iPhone.

brbauer2

Have you tried a Master Reset?

What year is the car?

What version of Sync?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #3
Apologies,
The infotainment system by itself is working; but the connection with Android auto isn't (my phone isn't connecting to it).
This means, no maps, no music, nothing but Ford+Alexa works. Accuweather works halfway; it never gets weather for my environment.
I tried connecting to my phone both via bluetooth, and USB cable. Both work the same.

Latest update via the Ford website done about 2 to 3 months ago. (I got the February 2018 update).

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Have you enabled the Android auto on in the settings in sync?! Not on the phone but the car. You posted this before and I'm going to say it one more time. Android auto must be on your phone, Android auto must be enabled on the car. I then plug my phone into the USB port on the car. Android auto automatically pops up every time. I can't make it any simpler than that either find somebody in your area to do it for you or, watch some YouTube videos.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
Android auto works, and yes, it's enabled.
However, that's just about everything that works.
Ford+Alexa app works too.

I really wished to see my maps on the dash screen, however it works only on my phone.
From where I stand, it should be working, but it doesn't.
I even enabled the google services on my phone, but without success...

brbauer2

Only thing I can think of now is to go into Android Auto settings on your phone and check this setting.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

Android auto works, and yes, it's enabled.
However, that's just about everything that works.
Ford+Alexa app works too.

I really wished to see my maps on the dash screen, however it works only on my phone.
From where I stand, it should be working, but it doesn't.
I even enabled the google services on my phone, but without success...
My partner's 2017 Kia Cerato S had same problem... I could not fix it and that was with a galaxy note 4 and galaxy S5 both behaved exactly the same. Very frustrating. Sold her car now anyway lol.

Sent from my Mi MIX 2S using Tapatalk