Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Coil-Over - Standard Spring?

Does anyone know of a coil over shock and strut set up that uses a standard coil-over spring and not a Fiesta/OEM style spring?

ron@whoosh

3000 Post Club
Vendor
Premium Account
Will those work on a 2018? If not what will it take to make them fit.

Does anyone still sell them?
yes they would
eBay has them for around $860 shipped
good set up but ma not have adjustment to drop very much
a few newer Fiesta owners that have them needed to buy shorter springs for a low drop

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
yes they would
eBay has them for around $860 shipped
good set up but ma not have adjustment to drop very much
a few newer Fiesta owners that have them needed to buy shorter springs for a low drop
Not too worried about the drop. The only thing I noticed are the dampers are not adjustable.

The car is used for time attack, so was looking at changing spring rates/damper settings for different courses.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The B-Spec coilovers were built by Eibach and I have a set on my car.
Eibach used my car to test a prototype setup
They are now only distributed in Europe as the laws are different here in the US and Eibach did not want to be sued.
Some people do bring them into the US but they were believed to be possibly unsafe.
The B-Spec rear coilovers are not supported on the top for full body weight except when using the internal roll cage as in the B-Spec car.
For this reason the rear springs were put back into the normal Fiesta location.

Here is a photo of my original setup.

Now I still have the same shocks but the springs with adjusters are in their normal FiST location.

Dave

OP
J
Thread Starter #8
Thanks D1JL. I continued to look at other companies. It looks like the ST XTA coilover uses a linear front spring, and you may be able to modify the rear to a linear. I am not sure if anyone has any experience with these.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I think you will find that most coilover sets for the FiST use a separate spring and shock for the same reason.
Now if you were to gusset the top of the rear wheel well you sould be able to correctly support the weight of the car at that point.
There is enough space and it could all still be hidden by the loose fitting interior fabric.

As noted above the Ford B-Spec set built by Eibach in not adjustable.
The set that I have was re-valved to work better for street/track use, whereas, the normal B-Spec set may be much more harsh.

Good Luck,

Dave

OP
J
Thread Starter #10
I have no issue with the rear spring being in the stock location. I am primarily looking for a coilover kit that uses a spring similar to a hyperco coilover spring, so you can adjust spring rates (both rate and length) as needed.