Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Will I Miss Not Having Recaros?

danbfree

3000 Post Club
I did all of the maintenance for the three Ford Rangers I’ve own over the years. I’ve gotten to a point where I don’t want to preform all of the little maintance stuff on my cars anymore. I would rather have the maintance and repairs done by a shop so it is recorded in the vehicle history. I would much rather do all of the mods and upgrades myself though. That is a the fun stuff. I think the Ford dealership in La Mesa charges me $60 for full synthetic oil. When I used to do my own oil changes, I would put the old oil back in the 5 quart container and take it O’Reillys. They recycle oil.
I use MyCarFax to record all my own oil changes and receipts are as simple as my order history from Amazon and Walmart... but $60 isn't too bad for full synthetic, but also AutoZone, O'Reilly's and other major car parts places will definitely take your oil for free, but also most home garbage service does too at least once a month and you just use the container the oil came in, nice and easy... So I'm kind of the opposite, I'll do oil changes and more minor mods myself, but you can bet your butt I'm having pros put my springs in, just a little too involved for me to feel comfortable at that point.

Yeah, I lived down there for 4 years when I was in college and definitely just had my oil changes done for me... and yes, I'm now fortunate to have a 2 car garage with driveway, it's been fun getting my tool inventory built up, I just got a tool cart assembled, etc. I can do my own oil changes for $24 with good stuff vs. $80-90 for full synthetic and who knows what filter at the shops, but sounds like you already know to just get the oil change specials from the dealer, I think you can upgrade "The Works" from semi-synthetic to full synthetic and only be at about $50.
Me too [;)].. I have two car places in my garage, so I can put my hands up and down my FiST with lot of space….Then I give the exhausted oil to my friend who has a tractor garage and so the oil disposal..[:)]

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That just blows my mind, can't believe they have they have the legal authority to push the rules that far... Really? Can't even open the hood to top off your fluids?
Yup, IF they catch you, or one of your no life, rat neighbors informs/squeals to the management company of the violation, they will fine you $100.00 for a first offense, and then $200.00 for the next, and so on, exponentially. [mad]

YES, IF there was ANY WAY I could move out of here right now, I WOULD!! ;)

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's ridiculous. HOA? I understand pushing against people having junkers as lawn ornaments and such, but wow. Yet another reason I'm moving to a rural/semi-rural area when I decide to purchase my own home. I feel as though it would come to blows with HOA members and other busybodies getting into my business. Makes me go full Gadsden flag waving AnCap. [hihi]
I don't want this to turn way too (partisan) political, but, a fair amount of those rat squealing, no life, busybody HOA/management company 'informants' in THIS development are quite conservative (to put it mildly). ;)

dmb

One time I took my SVT focus to pepboys for a smog, oil change. injector clean check engine light and windshield wipers. so when i picked it up they got me for $600 I was pissed but I payed the bill went home in the dark. the next morning I started the car and the wipers smeared, so I check the oil, dirty drove it back told the service writer, he said they forgot to do the wipers, what about the oil? I told him I've been changing oil on my trucks for years and I know dirty oil when I see it. He put it on the rack and it had a ford oil filter. I told him I was taking it to the ford dealer and he would pay for the repairs. He did all the repairs and gave me a full refund. I asked how many women have you cheated like this and would never know the difference? That was the last time I walked through those doors. Now I go to wally world when their is no line $38 full syn. they do it all day so they don't screw things up and if you bring them a $3.75 pizza before they start on the car, it is spotless when you pick it up. Its amazing what $12 hr guys will do for you if you buy lunch.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
I'm not in Cali, but these faux snooty/uppity townhouse developments here (they think that they are some kind of billionaire's gated community, they are NOT!), with their draconian crazy rules forbid be from even opening my hood IN MY OWN DRIVEWAY!! [mad]

The only thing I am allowed to do in MY driveway, fine free, is WASH and WAX this car. [:(]
Is there rental or designated space for this? So what, they say it's okay to maintain the vehicle externally, such as wash and wipers but not internally? What about the frigg'n lawn mower? (of course they're going electric now) Do they have the same policy for the buildings? Do they force people to hire professional gardeners (landscapers) in addition to mechanics?

They should have a hood amnesty weekend, once a month. If it rains all that weekend then you can get a permissions tag for Monday or Tuesday.

Gotta get creative when folks instill stupid rules.

I'd have a REALLY BIG poster of a car with it's hood up in my drive way. [confuse]

I'd change my motorcycle oil on the home office front lawn.

I'd get an organizer [phonecall] to do a hoods-up flash mob for 15 minutes where the street gets lined with cars with their hoods up.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Is there rental or designated space for this? So what, they say it's okay to maintain the vehicle externally, such as wash and wipers but not internally? What about the frigg'n lawn mower? (of course they're going electric now) Do they have the same policy for the buildings? Do they force people to hire professional gardeners (landscapers) in addition to mechanics?

They should have a hood amnesty weekend, once a month. If it rains all that weekend then you can get a permissions tag for Monday or Tuesday.

Gotta get creative when folks instill stupid rules.

I'd have a REALLY BIG poster of a car with it's hood up in my drive way. [confuse]

I'd change my motorcycle oil on the home office front lawn.

I'd get an organizer [phonecall] to do a hoods-up flash mob for 15 minutes where the street gets lined with cars with their hoods up.
It is a townhouse development, the management company uses our fees to hire contract companies to take care of ALL of the outside maintenance (lawns, gardening, roof replacements, driveway repaving, etc.).

Sadly, the protest/flash mob/disobedience thing will not work here, since I am the ONLY 'enthusiast' here, let alone the ONLY one who would ever do his own work on their car (hell, I'm one of the only ones here who ever even wash/wax their car). [:(]

The rest are all, 'disposable appliance' type, 2 year leasers, who go back to the dealer for EVERYTHING (always PLENTY of labeled, dealer 'courtesy vehicles' in here).

danbfree

3000 Post Club
One time I took my SVT focus to pepboys for a smog, oil change. injector clean check engine light and windshield wipers. so when i picked it up they got me for $600 I was pissed but I payed the bill went home in the dark. the next morning I started the car and the wipers smeared, so I check the oil, dirty drove it back told the service writer, he said they forgot to do the wipers, what about the oil? I told him I've been changing oil on my trucks for years and I know dirty oil when I see it. He put it on the rack and it had a ford oil filter. I told him I was taking it to the ford dealer and he would pay for the repairs. He did all the repairs and gave me a full refund. I asked how many women have you cheated like this and would never know the difference? That was the last time I walked through those doors. Now I go to wally world when their is no line $38 full syn. they do it all day so they don't screw things up and if you bring them a $3.75 pizza before they start on the car, it is spotless when you pick it up. Its amazing what $12 hr guys will do for you if you buy lunch.
$24 for good oil (QS Ultimate Durability SN+ rated) and a filter at Wally World... Hell, their SuperTech house brand is even SN Plus rated now... Sorry for anyone offended by all of us going off topic here, hehe...

Last edited: